• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M62 traffic eastbound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I think you have to be 'in with the in crowd' mate. I've been with that particular client a good few times since 2000 or so and when I came back to this integration thing, so was just about every contractor I've ever worked with there over the years.

You seem to have to be in with Accenture, LOC or have previous connections (as in my case) or, in extreme circumstances, be a Bob
    I worked there for 3 years to 2001 and on multiple smaller stints before that, I've not been back since, which is occasionally frustrating as I live a mile or so from Copley, Trinity and Dean Clough.

I'm not that fussed as I find financial clients less interesting these days.

Comment

Anyone at LTSB Halifax Collison, Dean Clough or Copley who isnt on 350 a day (or better) is getting ripped off! I hope the OP is getting 350 a day at least because 9hr plus days for less is peanuts.

I know some TM's at Halifax are insisting on 45 to 50 hours a week minimum and want you to work the days they want ie may want you to work W, T, F, Sa, Su and have M & T off. That devalues the 350 a day even more working Sa andSu.

The M62 is a car park at best of times and otherwise, a road waiting for accidents to happen so I'd avoid it if possible. In fact I try and avoid west yorkshire like the plague due to the M62. Try the train instead. A seasie saves quite a bit of money too.
      Last edited by BolshieBastard; 1 September 2010, 20:56.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Depends what you're working on and who with. Don't say 'Integration' cause everyone is

What building ? What doing ? So many questions......
        Funny you should say that only thing happening now at halifax is 'Integration'

New to the place building is on trinity road. And no not into testing and rate is decent over £350. Mind you after being on bench for over 2 months rate seemed ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          It's an option although the road through Sowerby can be a busy one and turning Right down Wakefield Road to Copley can be a challenge. That road over the moors to Rishworth is certainly "interesting" in the winter.
          Ah yes, belting along a derestricted road to find a few sheep loitering in the middle of it

I branch right at Ripponden on the route home to drop into Littleborough. Won't be doing that in the winter though.

And yes, Sowerby is a PITA to get through but better than Bradford
          Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by newbee View Post
            Funny you should say that only thing happening now at halifax is 'Integration'

New to the place building is on trinity road. And no not into testing and rate is decent over £350. Mind you after being on bench for over 2 months rate seemed ok.
            I'm not really into testing either, as it's all being done by Accenture Bobs in London.

I tell a senior manager that everything is going to be OK Rates start with a '5' for that

Am also in Trinity Rd, but prefer Copley. Free parking for a start

Trinity and Collinsons are Ok though. More places to eat at lunchtime and more 'to look at'.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Reading this post takes me back 4 years.

My home is in Bradford and I worked at a couple of sites (Pudsey then Copley). Each one was about 20 mins from home. Zero expenses. Big day rate.

Now I'm down in London with the living dead (investment bankers and commuters) on not much more but with a couple of grand expenses a month.

How I wish (pray) I was back up there. Didn't appreciate it at the time as I always had my eye on bigger rates at the investment banks. Glad I tried it out but I want to go home. I want that gig back at Copley!

Anybody go to the Standard of Freedom nr Copley? Pub perched up on the cliffs near Copley looking out over the valley. Great stuff.
              Last edited by oliverson; 3 September 2010, 11:37.

Comment

Working...
              X