• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M62 traffic eastbound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbee View Post
    Yes joining the gang shortly. Whats working like there ? Planning to keep my head down for few weeks and try to adjust to m62 trek

Depends what you're working on and who with. Don't say 'Integration' cause everyone is

What building ? What doing ? So many questions......
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by newbee View Post
      Yes joining the gang shortly. Whats working like there ? Planning to keep my head down for few weeks and try to adjust to m62 trek

Your M62 'trek' is not a 'trek'

I'm 'trekking' from PA20 (Google It) to J24. That's a trek. Even involves a boat trip.

Hope you got a good rate

Comment

It can be pretty damn busy morning and evening, but you expected that.

The road down from Ainley Top (J24) can be quite a pig as it narrows from 2 lanes to one and you get a lot of utter muppets who refuse to queue and try to push in at the front creating a half mile long traffic jam. There are a few alternative routes that can take you round that.

I wonder how many other posters on CUK are working there as I live about a mile from Copley, we could arrange a few drinkies.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          It can be pretty damn busy morning and evening, but you expected that.

The road down from Ainley Top (J24) can be quite a pig as it narrows from 2 lanes to one and you get a lot of utter muppets who refuse to queue and try to push in at the front creating a half mile long traffic jam. There are a few alternative routes that can take you round that.

I wonder how many other posters on CUK are working there as I live about a mile from Copley, we could arrange a few drinkies.
          They possibly do that because there are several signs saying 'USE BOTH LANES', 'MERGE IN TURN 200 YARDS' and 'MERGE IN TURN NOW', but that's just my take on it

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            The road down from Ainley Top (J24) can be quite a pig as it narrows from 2 lanes to one
            Is that after jn26 (M606)?

I don't see any lanes out in the morning apart from some permanent cones at jn21 - never seen any work going on, everyone pretty much ignores the speed advisory (I'm told!!!)

Takes me 20-25 mins to get from jn20 to the top end of the M606 plodding along keeping out of trouble.
            Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
              Is that after jn26 (M606)?

I don't see any lanes out in the morning apart from some permanent cones at jn21 - never seen any work going on, everyone pretty much ignores the speed advisory (I'm told!!!)

Takes me 20-25 mins to get from jn20 to the top end of the M606 plodding along keeping out of trouble.
              I mean the road from the M62 junction 24 towards Halifax

Comment

You could always try exit 22 then head towards Rishworth, Sowerby-Bridge then Halifax...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  You could always try exit 22 then head towards Rishworth, Sowerby-Bridge then Halifax...
                  It's an option although the road through Sowerby can be a busy one and turning Right down Wakefield Road to Copley can be a challenge. That road over the moors to Rishworth is certainly "interesting" in the winter.

Comment

I kept applying for roles there but never got a sniff which is a pain in the arse as I live in Rochdale. So now I'm working in London, doing the same sort of thing for a different bank but with a much longer commute.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      I kept applying for roles there but never got a sniff which is a pain in the arse as I live in Rochdale. So now I'm working in London, doing the same sort of thing for a different bank but with a much longer commute.
                      I think you have to be 'in with the in crowd' mate. I've been with that particular client a good few times since 2000 or so and when I came back to this integration thing, so was just about every contractor I've ever worked with there over the years.

You seem to have to be in with Accenture, LOC or have previous connections (as in my case) or, in extreme circumstances, be a Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X