• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

possible job needing dv clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible job needing dv clearance

Currently have a role where i am sc cleared , but possibly moving to a new dv cleared job.

what kind of character references would be needed as i am not in contact any more with previous friends and relatives ?
    only immediate family.

is gaining dv clearance still possible ?

god i sound a sad bastard

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    Currently have a role where i am sc cleared , but possibly moving to a new dv cleared job.

what kind of character references would be needed as i am not in contact any more with previous friends and relatives ?
    only immediate family.

is gaining dv clearance still possible ?

god i sound a sad bastard
    You have got to be kidding. With facebook and all the other things you cannot find a previous reference. This won't look good at all to DV as it doesn't sound very normal. If you were a drug dealer or trying to run from something it would sound about normal. I would say you it would be worthwhile to do some digging and find some.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You have got to be kidding. With facebook and all the other things you cannot find a previous reference. This won't look good at all to DV as it doesn't sound very normal. If you were a drug dealer or trying to run from something it would sound about normal. I would say you it would be worthwhile to do some digging and find some.
      do previous employers count ?

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
        do previous employers count ?
        Do a bit of research...

From a quick google..

Developed Vetting (DV) or (DV Cleared) is required for people with substantial unsupervised access to TOP SECRET assets. The following security vetting stages are mandatory before a DV clearance can be approved:

BaselinePersonnel Security Standard (Which is normally undertaken as part of the recruiting process)
        Departmental / Company Records Check
        Security Questionnaire
        Criminal Record Check
        Credit Reference Check and review of personal finances
        Security Service Check
        Check of medical and psychological information provided
        Subject Interview and further enquiries, which will include interviews with character referees and current and previous supervisors
        or

Security Clearance Level: DV
        Developed Vetting DV is the most comprehensive and highly expensive form of UK security vetting, and is therefore only required for the most sensitive appointments and tasks, involving long-term and uncontrolled access to top-secret material.

The DV Security clearance level is made up of both the Basic Clearance and Security Clearance checks plus:

the completion of a DV supplement questionnaire
        Security check including a criminal records and credit reference checks, and a Security Service records check
        a financial check
        the checking of references (social, employment, education etc) in writing, by telephone or by interview from personal friends, tutors and employers as appropriate
        a detailed interview with the person needing the clearance conducted by a vetting officer
        Once you've passed the interview successfully, Personnel Security will carry out enquiries to ensure you can be trusted with sensitive Government information. Presuming these are satisfactorily completed, you will be granted a Developed Vetting (DV) clearance.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X