• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photo id again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo id again!

Former client asked me to go back to them for another major project so, after completing previous contract, lined up to start today.

Rolls up today after not being given a start time but, as I know this client's core hours, Im there for just gone 8. Sign in at reception and ask for on site agent contact. He's not in but someone else will see to me. Fair enough.

Complete lots of client documentation about security, disclosure, insider trading etc, etc. 'Got your id?' Yep, utility bill and driving license.

'OK. Where's the photo element of you driver's license?' Dont have one. 'Passport?' Nope. 'Oh, we have a problem!' Why, I've worked here twice before, last time for over 3 years. You've (this) client references. What's the problem?

'We need photo id.' What for? 'A CRB check.' You dont need photo id for a CRB check and, I have a copy of the Disclosure Scotland CRB check dated end of March 2010 which my last financial client required. I can bring the original tomorrow if you want to see it.

'No, we use a different partner to do CRB checks so your certificate wont suffice.' WTF!! A CRB check is a CRB check.

'Do you have any photo id?' Only an old passport. 'That'll do'! WTF again! Its OOD FFS.

WTF is wrong with the country? If you're British nation, with NI number, current CRB check and there's about 20 people on site who can verify who you are, what's the ucking problem!!

Upshot is, I couldnt start today. Have to go through it all again tomorrow! Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Don't forget your photo ID tomorrow
    Last edited by Growernotashower; 8 July 2010, 16:14.

Comment

I am so glad I don't have to go through this old bollox no more.

HAB client relations, "Do you want access to my old toot or wot? You do then that'll be USD xxxx per quarter in advance. etc, etc. "
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        'OK. Where's the photo element of you driver's license?' Dont have one. 'Passport?' Nope. 'Oh, we have a problem!' Why, I've worked here twice before, last time for over 3 years. You've (this) client references. What's the problem?
        You don't have a photo driving licence??? Seriously lol.. Poor carry on.

Things are changing now. I brought my passport to the first day of my last 3 gigs just because of this and/or the vetting thing to make sure I am qualified to work/live in the UK that companies have to do by law nowadays.

It's just the times changing. Keep up you old hasbeen!!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You don't have a photo driving licence??? Seriously lol.. Poor carry on.

Things are changing now. I brought my passport to the first day of my last 3 gigs just because of this and/or the vetting thing to make sure I am qualified to work/live in the UK that companies have to do by law nowadays.

It's just the times changing. Keep up you old hasbeen!!!
          Lots of older people are reluctant to make the change, because they have to pay for the new one and then pay to renew it every ten years, and they are worried about not getting it back because they are too doddery.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Lots of older people are reluctant to make the change, because they have to pay for the new one and then pay to renew it every ten years, and they are worried about not getting it back because they are too doddery.
            Ahhhh that explains a lot. Never thought of that. Bolshie is gonna have to get used to bringing his passport in... until he has to get a new fangled bio thingumy passport. Then he will retire.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Are these the same 'older people' aged about 30 - 35 year old who recenly found they were driving illegally without a current valid license because they'd applied for the photo one about 10 years earlier, claimed they didnt know they had to renew it then complained about it?

Especially as some of these 'older people' aged 30 - 35 were getting done by the police for driving without a valid license, invalidated their insurance in the process thereby having their cars confiscated at the roadside?

All because they were 'older people' to doddery to renew? Yeah, riiiiight, do carry on.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Ahhhh that explains a lot. Never thought of that. Bolshie is gonna have to get used to bringing his passport in... until he has to get a new fangled bio thingumy passport. Then he will retire.
                I've always found that intolerance is the first sign of old age, and nobody personifies that more than poor old Bolshie. He'll be forgetting his teeth next!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You don't have a photo driving licence???
                  It's the not having a passport that I can't understand...
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                    It's the not having a passport that I can't understand...
                    Perhaps it was taken away? Hey Bolshie, you haven't been a bit "overzealous" whilst following England abroad have you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X