• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Health Insurance (as opposed to PHI)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Health Insurance (as opposed to PHI)

I am shopping around for private health insurance currently as am looking at quotes from both the majors cos (BUPA/ Prudential etc) and smaller cos (Health online).

Are there any recomendations from anyone who has such cover and also should I do this via the Ltd co or independently ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am shopping around for private health insurance currently as am looking at quotes from both the majors cos (BUPA/ Prudential etc) and smaller cos (Health online).

Are there any recomendations from anyone who has such cover and also should I do this via the Ltd co or independently ?
    Not sure what one to recommend, but if one puts their private health insurance via ones Ltd, wouldn't one attract BIK on the contributions? If so, it wouldn't make much difference, unless you don't pay any NI or Income Tax.

I had PruHealth for a few years, before I stopped being able to afford it. Their premiums have a habit of going upwards, even if you haven't made a claim.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

If you or the spouse work or have ever worked in the public sector, you can get cover from CS Health. Well worth getting a quote.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
      X