• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS or RBS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrHelpful View Post
    Update:

The opposite has happened to me.... RBS role has unexpectedly got shelved and there is another role but "would confirm in 2-3 days" so I am going into Healthcare from next week as rather take whats on the table... negotiated a slight bump in the day rate (its not bad in comparison with cost of living) and a contract till nxt year (well on paper atleast) Looking at a rental next week when there - bargain £70/week all in (inc bills, sky+, tinternet) - house share with another... lets hope the other guy is ok. Otherwise its back on the hotel loyalty point bandwagon.

Hoping the health bill goes through in the US and then maybe just maybe I can contract there! I do hope to get some banking experience soon but ideally in London (easier to get to) then up'north.

Thanks for the advice - it did all make sense and I agree with the recommendations.... maybe I'll be in a bank in 3 mnths or 6mnths - lets see how the gig goes.
    Congrats and well done. Just remember though, a contract is only as good as its notice period :-)

You've got the right attitude.

P

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
      Once you've had even 2 or 3 months or banking experience on your CV you can easily alter the rest of it to reflect similar roles.

If I had a choice of 3 months with a bank or 12 months with another PS outfit, I would choose the bank.
      I wish I had your confidence. I had 3 months RBS experience. Didn't get me very far.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks Peter... Notice period is the very standard PS - 28 days.

I have now a near 200 mile drive to look forward to on Monday morning. I would hope I will be adding more value here and getting personal satifaction then working in banking. Its not all about the money
        Never Never Never give up

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          I know a few people who went to them, one guy only lasted a day. Others hate every min. but they are working.

HTH
          I have friends who have the exact same experience with RBS. Some are very hard nosed too, so it takes a lot to upset them. They've all walked.

Comment

RBS poor for contractors

Contracted twice at RBS and have been culled twice with their frequent cutting contractor number by 20% top manager dictate ..

Will not work there again unless nothing else..

Although the last time offshoring was the reason ..

Comment

Working...
            X