• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B is go, go, go!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B is go, go, go!

Never one for giving up, I've just launched my latest Plan B website, http://mypicturelife.co.uk.

I'd very much appreciate feedback from you lovely people, all constructive criticism graciously received.

I am expecting a kicking but please be gentle.
    You ain't seen me, right!

Website took a little long to load.

Nice idea. My only concern is, I have some software on my computer which does a really cool slide show when playing music. It has a save facility which will allows me to burn a music show/photo show.

As all your images are digital to start with I dont really see the overall benefit of having to put a DVD into my player with the TV?

<Dragon Voice>
    Whats the different selling point?
    </Dragon Voice>
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You want people to copy photos to CD and put them in the post.

It's not a massive leap to save a slideshow in DVD format, you need an upload facility.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Pretty sure you can do this with any bog standard images processing software - iphoto, photoshop elements or whatever the google offering is.

If people have a digital camera, they will most likely have on of these packages so the big question is, why would I buy this/engage you?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Website took a little long to load.

Nice idea. My only concern is, I have some software on my computer which does a really cool slide show when playing music. It has a save facility which will allows me to burn a music show/photo show.

As all your images are digital to start with I dont really see the overall benefit of having to put a DVD into my player with the TV?

<Dragon Voice>
          Whats the different selling point?
          </Dragon Voice>
          All fair points MarrilonFan, cheers.

I came up with the idea as I've created a dozen or so DVD's for friend\family. Each time I've been asked I've explained it's a pretty simple thing to do and something they could manage themselves. Although most are competent PC users, they all grimaced at the idea, prefering that I do it for them. Of course if I started charging them, that may prove motivation enough ...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            You want people to copy photos to CD and put them in the post.

It's not a massive leap to save a slideshow in DVD format, you need an upload facility.
            Yes gingerjedi, that's the next thing on my list of things to do.

Cheers for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by dack View Post
              Yes gingerjedi, that's the next thing on my list of things to do.

Cheers for the feedback.
              Something you might want to consider from a marketing point of view, digital picture frames. Many people get this for pressies and have no idea idea how to load pics into them, many use memory card/sd cards so might want to think of offering that service as well as dvd (especially as think not that many people would actually want to watch pic's on TV)

*this is of course after you offer an upload facility, something you should have offered from get go

Comment

Originally posted by dack View Post
                Never one for giving up, I've just launched my latest Plan B website, http://mypicturelife.co.uk.

I'd very much appreciate feedback from you lovely people, all constructive criticism graciously received.

I am expecting a kicking but please be gentle.
                Isnt another forum member doing something very similar? Still competition is good, eh?

Besides, I think your website looks far better than the other which looked very bland in comparison. Didnt have issues with loading speed of the site.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Isnt another forum member doing something very similar? Still competition is good, eh?

Besides, I think your website looks far better than the other which looked very bland in comparison. Didnt have issues with loading speed of the site.
                  Is the one you're thinking of the scanning of physical media - slides, film, etc?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Unless you do any sort of post processing is £85 for a DVD not a little steep? I assume that the process is automated. I'd say £14.99 regardless of the photos would be about right.

Comment

Working...
                    X