• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Service Level Agreements / Rebates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Level Agreements / Rebates

anybody have an accepted methadology <insert bestpractise, yada yada> for determining financial rebates/credit when an SLA is breached. In this case a new service being provisioned however the financial CPDO is unknown/incalcuable as it's more political/social(650K children/content filtering)

all comments appreciated ..

this is in wrong forum isn't it...
    .. bugger

... did i mention that i miss old blightly and would like to return?

Comment

Sorry to put a dampner on this craig, but formulae for accessing financial penalties at SLA breach should have been agreed during contract negotiation.

What does your contract have to say in this matter?

I'm guessing that this is a large b-2-b question?

Quick article here...

And this is an example of an SLA dealing with agreements on rebate breaches...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Sorry to put a dampner on this craig, but formulae for accessing financial penalties at SLA breach should have been agreed during contract negotiation.

What does your contract have to say in this matter?
        not yet clicked on links.. however to be clear.. negotiations, are.. still pending.
        <opensmoreNZsavblanc>

..... sales people have exited and dumped in my lap. hence question upon reasonable formulae for agreeing SLA rebates given CPDO is not qualitative... i could go off Service cost.. but i reckon that's a bit tulip.

very glad you responded my years of lurking have paid dividends .. and the chupa chup .. well.

okay .. yes, i'm three bottles in

linksread... i'm the vendor(baddie)
        Last edited by craig_m67; 13 May 2010, 12:26. Reason: average education.. tard

Comment

No, you aren't the baddie - you're the vendor.

Take a look at IT Service Management (ITSM) Service Level Management and Supplier Management. Look under ITIL. That will give you more info.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X