• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you like to work a shorter week? WTF!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you like to work a shorter week? WTF!!!!!!!!!

Just seen this email a friend forwarded me from Hays - whats their angle then, jobsharing???

RE: Shorter Working Week

Dear All,

We are currently undertaking a survey amoungst our contractor population to determine if there are any contractors that would be keen to explore the opportunity of working a reduced working week - not necessarily on a full time basis but possibly for the summer months, or the school holidays or potentially for the duration of your contract. At this point any reduced working may be considered so if you would be interested please can you contact Mark Lupton ( [email protected]) and he will contact you to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,
    Sara Thompson
    Client Director
    Hays Corporate Accounts

Mark Lupton
    Client Account Manager
    Hays Corporate Accounts

HAYS Recruiting experts worldwide

Originally posted by wiggabaiters View Post
    Just seen this email a friend forwarded me from Hays - whats their angle then, jobsharing???

N contractors working part time generates more cash than N contractors on the bench.

If they sell it to their clients as a cost cutting measure then they can maintain some cash flow rather than clients shedding contractors completely. If I was working for Hays I'd be getting a little concerned.
    Last edited by DaveB; 4 May 2010, 18:37.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

At least you aren't getting a pay cut forced on you....
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Nothing to do with me, just something that was passed on and made me wonder!

Comment

Mmmmm. Subtle. What it is asking is “what is the minimum amount of money you think you need per week”. From the responses to this question they can determine how low they can go with fees.
          It works like this. Say you think you need 1000 per week to cover all expenses and have some disposable cash. Rates per day are 500 so you would be interested in only working 2 days per week. However, the agent has also discovered that they can offer rate per day of 200.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

'tractor that just left current client co was on a 4 day week.

Said it was the best thing he ever did, let him spend an extra day with his little girl.

Never thought of asking for it myself, thinking about it for next renewal!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              'tractor that just left current client co was on a 4 day week.

Said it was the best thing he ever did, let him spend an extra day with his little girl.

Never thought of asking for it myself, thinking about it for next renewal!
              Last banking client I worked for were agreeable to working the hours (35 a week) over 4 days instead of 5. It was great. Bit of a culture shock to go back to 5 days and 40+ though

Still, the money's better
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X