• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview rejections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Does anyone else take them personally

The feedback they give is a fecking joke. It's like they've confused you with someone else.
    Well I feel the interview is just a game.

Don't take the rejection personally....

Comment

Sometimes you just will not get the gig, no matter how good you are and how well you performed at interview. Get over it. And if you have got a 100% interview record, then perhaps you are underselling yourself?

Generally at the start of a big work program, lots of people are getting hired, and you will find you can walk into a role without many questions. Near the end of a project clients tend to be more fussy: you will often be replacing someone and they will be looking for a certain 'fit'. And the worst interviews of all are conducted by other contractors...!
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        I was once turned down for an interview for a public sector role I had previously done. I was very surprised by this and called my old clentco manager, to say I believed he was looking again and I had submitted, but had not been selected for interview, he was suprised to hear this.
        24hrs later I got a call asking if I'd come for an interview. HR had sorted through the CV's and had rejected mine. Clientco manager told HR he wanted to interview me.
        Often the reason your CV doesn't get through is because of the huge wall of stupidity called HR, who simply don't know WTF they are doing.
        WSS with bells on.

Mr N has been rejected for jobs he has done before in similar industries because the twunt in HR doesn't understand his CV. He once had an initial phone interview with HR who couldn't get past the idea he has 20 years industry experience and kept asking him if his previous role was his first after uni????????????????????
        So the other 12 years worth of jobs weren't being factored in.

Where do they get these people.

As for interview rejections, I just ignore them these days and move on to the next one.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nope, only been rejected after an interview(which was this year and runied my fabled 100% interview to offer record over 13 years contracting)!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The hiring manager makes his decision on grounds of self-interest, which may not be company interests. That may involve taking account of your skills and abilities, but in a competitive market many people can do most jobs.

Your rejection results from the manager finding someone else (or noone at all) who best promotes his interests. This explains the large number of incompetent numpties in employment; at some point they were valuable to someone. Entire careers have been forged by incompetent fu*kwits working in British companies using the skills of other to further their own aims.

You should feel the same sense of rejection as does Waitrose, when you shop at Sainsburys.
            Last edited by TheOmegaMan; 1 May 2010, 18:08.

Comment

As soon as I leave any interview I presume I will fail and immediately continue with applications for the next potential job. I never leave thinking "oh that went really well I think, hope I get it!"

When the rejection arrives just bin and forget.

One time I was lucky enough to have two offers and I took delight in writing to one to the effect "thank you for your offer of employment, unfortunately on this occasion you haven't been successful in securing my services but I will keep your file on record if there is a change in my situation"

F**k 'em.

What narks me are the pimps who don't even bother to let you know you have received a neg' because they don't want to waste the time/money in sending out a one line email saying as much.
              Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Comment

Working...
              X