• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know PSL for HSBC/Morgan-Stanley?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know PSL for HSBC/Morgan-Stanley?

Been talking to Aston Carter about some roles, anyone know from experience if they are traditionally a main agency used by the City?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Had a few interviews through them when I was looking back in 2007, first contract. Did an OK job didn't end up going through them though. I was quite pedant about what I was looking for and they certainly came up with a few that matched my requirements the main one being Investment Banking.

Two things I always check with agents when they are putting me forward.

1. They are directly on the PSL for the client.
    2. They are on a fixed rate commission.

If either of these is not the case avoid them.

Client are generally happy to blow their PSL trumpet, just ask them, although not the actual details of their margins, but then the detail isn't the important thing if you are guaranteed your rate.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 28 April 2010, 08:03.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Been talking to Aston Carter about some roles, anyone know from experience if they are traditionally a main agency used by the City?
      They're definitely on the PSL for RBS, Merrill and Barcap. I'd be surprised if they're not on the ones you mention.

Comment

Working...
      X