• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

calling project managers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calling project managers

I've just had question from a friend who works for the civil service..

"Hi scooter, can I ask a favour where do project manager's look for jobs? We're trying to recruit PMs but having no luck"

Feel free to PM if of interest or good place to look, The jobs would be based in Ashford
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Not sure why they would be having a problem. I have been a PM in and around Public Sector / Civil Service for many years now and always found roles through the existing jobserve, jobsite, cwjobes etc.

That being said these have always been through agencies on PSL or SSL relationships.

I would have thought that your friend wouldnt be looking for direct candidates as that doesnt fit well with Public Sector and would be using agents to source these roles.

Current gig has even brought in manpower recently for lower grade PMO roles

fs

Comment

"having no luck" ???

How can you not have any luck in this market where there are literally thousands of project and programme managers out there desperate for jobs?

Not that I am one of them ...but ... eh ... where do I sent my CV?

Comment

Interestingly, last year I was on a contract where the PM said she had been looking for someone for months, while I had been looking for a contract for months.

I think what happened was that there was only 1 preferred supplier, and he was starting off slowly with unsuitable candidates who were very cheap to him, in order to maximise his take. He'd rather not have someone in for while, to soften up the client and the contractors for a high price/low rate.

Agents are not your friends, and they are not the clients' friends either.

Comment

Tosh.... I'm stopping digging
          Last edited by Troll; 20 April 2010, 07:55.
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Fook me ...they're even deleting my on topic posts now
            Really???

Not from where I'm sitting...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Oh - OK - a bit strange though...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

[QUOTE=cojak;1127188]Really???

Oh I take it all back then....must be that script

Comment

Easiest way to fix is if you delete this thread and move the one from General here

Comment

I think the thing to do is to quietly forget this conversation happened..

Comment

Working...
                    X