• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returning to permidom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    IIRC, one of our esteemed moderators is permie
    That's just wrong.

Apart from everything else, it could be an direction & control IR35 risk...
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      I kept my company open when I did it, but then I think that's because I realised pretty early on that I wasn't going to last in Permieland. See if your accountant will reduce their fees if you're not invoicing.
      You can mark your company as dormant which sets it as non-trading but not closed. Your accountant can advise accordingly.

Comment

I'd just shut it and use your capital gains limit in the process as part of that process. The usual suspects on here generally set up a new Ltd for free and in a matter of days, so you'll actually be better off.

Comment

Just going into permiedom? I have just come out. Sod Permiedom, I'd rather go into debt for a few months than go back to that stinky place.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Just going into permiedom? I have just come out. Sod Permiedom, I'd rather go into debt for a few months than go back to that stinky place.
            You say that now .......... wait till the baliffs come a knocking!

Comment

Working...
            X