• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can SC have multi use?

Hi all,

For example you have along term contract with XYZ and they currently hold your SC.

As your SC is tied up with XYZ is it still possible to carry out additional SC work or can it only be used at one place at a time.

I've looked through the Q&A but cant resolve this

Thanks in advantage

Comment

It's possible to work simultaneously for more than one client that needs SC at a time, you need to get the clients Security offices to talk to each other. It can be a tad tricky to achieve, but it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        It's possible to work simultaneously for more than one client that needs SC at a time, you need to get the clients Security offices to talk to each other. It can be a tad tricky to achieve, but it is possible.
        Thanks TykeMerc

Comment

Originally posted by Vdubster187 View Post
          Thanks TykeMerc
          All you have to remember is that the clearance goes with the role, not the person. So your clearance for one role may well mean you are OK for another similar role, but it is not guaranteed.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi,

Just to keep this thread current...

I'm starting a role Monday - got this email today from the client...

"Providing no further information is requested from the applicant the DBS (Defence Business Services) estimate 4-6 weeks for it to complete.

There is a backlog at the moment so all the applications tend to take up to 2 months!!

Meanwhile I will carry out the BPSS (baseline security checks) for when you start."

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
              Hi,

Just to keep this thread current...

I'm starting a role Monday - got this email today from the client...

"Providing no further information is requested from the applicant the DBS (Defence Business Services) estimate 4-6 weeks for it to complete.

There is a backlog at the moment so all the applications tend to take up to 2 months!!

Meanwhile I will carry out the BPSS (baseline security checks) for when you start."
              DVA are currently admitting it can take up to 20 weeks instead of their 4 week SLA to turn around an SC with no complications so don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                DVA are currently admitting it can take up to 20 weeks instead of their 4 week SLA to turn around an SC with no complications so don't hold your breath.
                No issues, I can work on Govt site (no SC reqd for this one), client site or home.

Tone

Comment

My application is currently sat with the FCO and has been there now since first week in December.

I have held previous SC Clearance, I was born here and have no previous.

If they are taking 5 months+ to process applications for people like me then the current system is broken.

Good luck to those applying from scratch for an urgent engagement

Comment

SC Clearance re-vetting

If you are going through the revet process and due to the amount of time it can take if you will be out of clearance, your sponsor can apply to the DBS NSV to have a temporary extension on your current clearance whilst the revet goes through. This happened to me when returning to a company just before Christmas 2014 and my clearance was running out early Jan 2015. The extension was granted and the new clearance is now through. From what I am told it can be extended as a last result for up to 6 months but the DBS NSV could get funny if they were asked to do it again and again for the same company or user.

This maybe something to get your new company to consider.

Comment

SC clearance query

Hello everyone. New on this forum, hoping to learn a lot.

I am currently studying to attain the CCNA qualification and have recently become aware that I will require SC clearance in many jobs I will eventually apply for.

I have had CTC clearance previously in my previous career (not IT related, I was in the police service) but this was in 2007.

I recently resigned from my role in the police after 8 years due to a misconduct investigation (which has now ended due to my resignation). My reference from the police is an adverse one and mentions I resigned whilst subject to misconduct.

On top of this, I recently became bankrupt due to my resignation having acquired a significant amount of debt (£35k+). I will be discharged from my bankruptcy in January 2016. I have no convictions or cautions for anything.

What I want to ask is considering I resigned due to misconduct in the police (with adverse references) AND I will be a discharged bankrupt, will I still be able to gain SC clearance? I wouldn't be applying for jobs that would sponsor SC clearance for at least a year (when my bankruptcy will be discharged).

I would like to think as a discharged bankrupt my bribery risk would be extremely low as my debts have all been cleared due to the bankruptcy?

Advice please....should I give up my potential new career due to never being able to get SC clearance?

Comment

Working...
                      X