• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fees for C.V.'s - Best way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fees for C.V.'s - Best way

This has probably been done before but I am looking for the BEST way of doing it.

I want to use my network of contacts to send me their friends C.V.'s ( with their friends permission) for jobs in a variety of companies. If the C.V. gets the job I pay my contact a fee.

What is the legal, best, most cost effective way of getting the fee to a member of the public? Do they need to declare the income and pay tax on it?

I am also happy to pay the individual if they submit their own C.V. and they get the job.

You want to run an agency then?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I'm Limited

I have a limited company.

Want to act as recruitment agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        You want to run an agency then?
        a barber
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by WiseFS View Post
          I have a limited company.

Want to act as recruitment agency.
          Probably, here is not a great place to ask for advice in that direction?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Your plan is fundamentally flawed, but unless that contact is contracted to you, the only thing you will be able to offer without the individual being taxed, is gift vouchers, or items purchased through the company on their behalf. Expect to pay out about £250 - £1000 per placement in voucher fees.

I would speak to an accountant about that rather than expecting a board full of bitter contractors to give you the right advice though

TAV
            "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
            SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
              Your plan is fundamentally flawed, but unless that contact is contracted to you, the only thing you will be able to offer without the individual being taxed, is gift vouchers, or items purchased through the company on their behalf. Expect to pay out about £250 - £1000 per placement in voucher fees.

I would speak to an accountant about that rather than expecting a board full of bitter contractors to give you the right advice though

TAV

Oooh! Saucer of milk for the agent.

Now aint that unusual? Not!!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X