• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

References when going permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

References when going permie

A question for those that have, in the past, gone from being a contractor to a permie.

How have you handled/managed the request for references for your new permie employer? i.e. who provided it?
    Last edited by Clippy; 24 February 2010, 21:35. Reason: Language

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    A question for those that have, in the past, gone from being a contractor to a permie.

How have you handled/managed the request for references from your new permie employer? i.e. who provided it?
    Might be a daft question but, if you are going from contracting to permiedom, why do you need to get a reference from your new permie employer!?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Might be a daft question but, if you are going from contracting to permiedom, why do you need to get a reference from your new permie employer!?
      Sorry, well spotted.

Should have read for.

Original post amended.

Comment

References from your agencies is all that you need. They can confirm you worked where you say you did for when you say you did. That's all the reference needs to know.

Tell them that your clients won't give references to contractors (which some don't anyway) and just point them at your agents.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just ask your previous PMs. If they don't work for Nazi style big Co's then why would they not give you a ref, even if it's a informal phone call one.

Comment

When a client insisted on references, I asked my accountant, who does my PAYE, to provide confirmation of my employment with my limited company. That was enough.

Comment

Working...
            X