• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricks by interviewers..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping them is fine. Your mistakes were lying about it, getting caught lying about it, and sharing them with the interviewer.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Keeping them is fine. Your mistakes were lying about it, getting caught lying about it, and sharing them with the interviewer.
      Don't be silly. I was the author of the document. Suppose if I was n't, how this interviewer going to conclude that I was not the author..? Come on..
      Last edited by Darren_Test; 10 February 2010, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        30 minutes later I got call agent saying I am not selected, with out giving any concreate reasons.
        Don't be silly. I was the author of the document. Suppose if I was n't, how is this interviewer is going to conclude that I was not the author..? Come on..
        Although sending them someone elses work would have been even more stupid, what has the fact that you wrote it got to do with anything?

You told the interviewer that you didn't keep documents from previous clients. Then you sent him a document from a previous client, thus proving the first statement was a lie. You (probably) also broke the confidentiality clause of your previous contract. Both of these are bad things to do in an interview.

Having said that, if it was a documentation job I suspect the reason you didn't get it is your spelling and grammar.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Another one with a technology major..

Got spec through pimps saying the role is going to be more managerial than technical. But during introduction first interviewer said role is more technical/hand-on than managerial, which made me to focus & give examples of hands on technical roles rather than managerial stuff.

Towards the end second interviewer started giving kind of interview feedback saying I am too technical and less managerial material..! This made me to more or less contradict first part of interview by saying more about my managerial experience than technical stuff.

No price for guessing outcome of interview.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You told the interviewer that you didn't keep documents from previous clients. Then you sent him a document from a previous client, thus proving the first statement was a lie. You (probably) also broke the confidentiality clause of your previous contract. Both of these are bad things to do in an interview.

Okay..

Comment

It was too difficult to refuse at that point..!!
              No, it wasn't.

They rely on your imagined reciprocity - don't fall for it again. As you noticed they in fact gave you bugger all in return.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've been interviewing a lot of Test Analysts recently and have a similar question to item 2 but I can't be arsed messing about with "tricks". I just ask them straight out for examples of how they have dealt with incomplete or poor requirements.

I really don't understand your stuff about "the solution" when talking about testing. A possible approach, maybe but if you don't have requirements how can you even offer an approach let alone "a solution"?

As for "trick #1", its got to be generally accepted that everyone in the industry brings docs with them to use as templates but providing actual content was a schoolboy error, especially if this was in any way in a sector with potentially sensitive data.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  LOL really? Well send me the details of any roles that do this and you walk. I will quite happily apply for them

Wonder if any of the guys on here with these I wouldn't put up with that and walk type responses ever would when it came down to the wire or is it a case of forum gusto!
                  Yes really, I spent years of my life in a perm role I hated with people I despised. The MD told me on a Friday he was moving me into the general office, from my own air con office (the only perk) I gave him my resignation letter on the Monday.

They are almost nearly out of business now, when the recession started all the best people had already left and all they had left was the no hopers. Not good in hard times.

P.S. You can are welcome to all the roles I consider beneath me. If you want to have an unhappy life working with losers thats upto you!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    The MD told me on a Friday he was moving me into the general office, from my own air con office (the only perk)
                    I'm reading between the lines here. Shower often?

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                      I'm reading between the lines here. Shower often?
                      Is every morning often? Im not really sure what you are suggesting here, that Im sweaty, have a cleanliness compulsion?

Since I left, I have heard that the MD has put all the tables into a line, (all 8 of them) the other 22 staff have been made redundant or left and he sits at the head of the table listening in on everything.

Terrible atmosphere as you can imagine and no Im not joking. Its like the matrix, I didnt believe it till I saw it with my own eyes. :-)
                      Last edited by escapeUK; 10 February 2010, 22:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X