• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricks by interviewers..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Is every morning often? Im not really sure what you are suggesting here, that Im sweaty, have a cleanliness compulsion?
    No, just reeling in my fishing line. Looks like you got away. Good answer.

Comment

[QUOTE]IPR makes it their intellectual property, not their property. For example, the author of a book has the intellectual property right to the book - that does not make it illegal for me to have a copy of the book. As the author of any documentation, you may waive your intellectual property rights and yet still retain the moral right to be identified as the author of the work (which applies to documentation, code, presentations etc.)

So, no - it doesn't make taking any documentation with you theft. If there is a specific clause in the contract which prohibits you from taking any work with you, then it possibly might be a breach of contract, but not theft.

Excellent idea - so when the client says "have you done this kind of thing before?" you can tell them "yes - but rather than being able to reuse anything, I'll charge you so that I can reinvent the wheel". I bet your clients love you

QUOTE]

As a matter of fact they do. It is all about confidentiality and integrity.

Other than perhaps simple file utilities or something along that line, I can't see how they could view it as acceptable. Maybe it would make some sense if I was spending two weeks slapping together a website or something.

In banking, I just can't imagine facing the reaction of showing up at HSBC with code I wrote at Nationwide - that would be DEFINITELY be considered highly unprofessional and unethical.

Back in the days of working for McDonald's, if I took code / documentation and showed up at Burger King with it - that would be viewed as revelation of corporate secrets.

When somebody else made the same move and found out, I would end up a laughing stock, minumum, but also quite likely in court.

Never done it, never will.

Comment

Working...
      X