• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

questions about my CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about my CV

Been contracting for nearly 12 years now most of my work has been through various management consultants, decided to take a contractors (careers) break after a long gig which lasted three years which ended Apr 08.

I am updating my CV which has always been technically based no other waffle like interests and hobbies etc.. Since Apr 08 til Oct 09 undertook property development projects but needed advise on whether I should put this information in my CV!

Any suggestions?

Personally I would put it in for reasons of clarity and completeness but make very little of them. One line heading and thats it. Hopefully your dates will run end to end which looks good and your techie stuff will still overcome the one line saying what you were doing when you wern't techie.

If someone really feels the need to ask you about the one line that says Property and not the other 2 pages (not 10.. 2!!!) of good solid techy stuff you don't want to work for him anyway.

If you leave a gap it detracts from what you have done as he will start wondering why and steer the questions to the gap which isn't the point. You need to be selling yourself not explaining yourself.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soni007 View Post
      Been contracting for nearly 12 years now most of my work has been through various management consultants, decided to take a contractors (careers) break after a long gig which lasted three years which ended Apr 08.

I am updating my CV which has always been technically based no other waffle like interests and hobbies etc.. Since Apr 08 til Oct 09 undertook property development projects but needed advise on whether I should put this information in my CV!

Any suggestions?
      Put it in otherwise it will be assumed that you have been in prison
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Put it in otherwise it will be assumed that you have been in prison
        Guilty until proven innocent?
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          Guilty until proven innocent?
          There is no smoke without erm, a smoking gun which is..er worth two in the bush or something... Ok I am leaving....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, mind you feels like prison sitting at home since Oct 09, need the cash rolling in again war chest is virtually empty , hopefully the suggested update to my CV might get some better feedback from the pimps.

Comment

Working...
            X