• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off the bench...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the bench...

...well for a few weeks anyway.

Been benched since the end of spring last year, only place remotely looking around here was my previous client, which for various reasons I didn't want to go straight back to.

It's been so quiet that I've relented and sold my soul back to the devil for a (initially) four week contract doing some testing (ewww - I'm a developer). Not looking forward to it but does get some dosh back into the old company accounts.
    Do what thou wilt

Wise decision. Any form of cash-flow is better than none!

Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
      Wise decision. Any form of cash-flow is better than none!
      WSS. Good Luck.

Comment

Congrats and good luck!
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ta muchly...

Although so far the contract hasn't turned up in my inbox, despite the agent assuring me at 16:30 that I'd have it by 17:00.

Don't think there's anything untoward, just that they are particularly inefficient. Still, I'm not starting tomorrow if it doesn't turn up tonight, and I'll make sure the client knows why.
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            Ta muchly...

Although so far the contract hasn't turned up in my inbox, despite the agent assuring me at 16:30 that I'd have it by 17:00.

Don't think there's anything untoward, just that they are particularly inefficient. Still, I'm not starting tomorrow if it doesn't turn up tonight, and I'll make sure the client knows why.
            Dont panic dude, they havent pulled the plug ......... its just the agency being a b ...ch ............ annoying though that you might have to put up with another day of Jeremy Kyle.

Comment

Congratulations!

Hope the contract turns up

Comment

Panic over - contract received. Same as before with amendments for date and duration, so no need to get this one rechecked by B&C.

And a 9.30am start tomorrow... which is nice
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                X