• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

References for SC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

References for SC

Just landed a new gig today! An added bonus is that they will get me security clearance!!

On the form they want a business reference covering the past 3 years. What have people done in the past? Got a reference from their accountant or each client over that period?

TIA

On the DVA web site there is a list of publications: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...blications.htm

They should answer your questions.

I suspect you may be better off providing them referees as if it were a permie job; i.e. either someone at those clients you worked for, or the agent you worked through.

(They'll probably be wanting to talk to your accountant as well, separately, about financial matters.)
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Last time I went through this I just provided the agents for the last gigs as reference. I know most were contacted and they just had to confirm the periods I worked at the gigs so proving my continuous employment as I said it was. That way there was also no chance of being bad mouthed as the agents didn't really know and cannot assume. It is highly unlikely they will want them as references on your professionalism etc anyway, just to make sure you did what you said.

HTH
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The large vetting form HAS to be returned to the clientco vetting department direct - NOT to the agency!!

Comment

Working...
        X