• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working for Capita

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True say

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If you had said 'get me an actual role that am I capable of' would make me feel better.
      I've never had a role like that in 20 years of contracting. I blame Jobserve.

Nomadd
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

If you are in the north west, there is a good chance you're talking about a big name client in the nuclear industry. Working there is dire. Why else would there be contracts on offer in this climate? The good guys that I know will only work there as a last resort in my experience if its all that's available. HTH.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

There is another public sector client in the NorthWest for whom Capita provide contract resource through their sole PSL agreement.

Is the OP talking about contracting for Capita or through Capita to a 3rd party?

I am currently contracting through Capita and find that their admin can be hit and miss during renewals but they pay weekly based upon self billing through online timesheets and I always see the money in the bank on a Friday based upon my timesheet authoriser having signed off on the timesheet by 17:30 on a Monday - cant ask for better than that...

fs

Comment

...Leading on from my last post.

Not sure they are that cut throat in my market. They are on a low margin (less than 10%) - and yes I know that as the PM who has sight of the re-charge.

Basically they have a duty of care to provide value for money and at times therefore pay good rates but at other times their rates can be low. I presume they look to obtain an average rate across all their contractors on behalf of the end client and therefore are working to an average workable margin based upon number of contractors on site.

fs
            Last edited by fishslice; 25 November 2009, 20:52.

Comment

Fair enough, FS. My reservations are based on the client I'm thinking of. It's a gig of last resort in my experience and there's always gigs there on offer as it's a truly miserable place. Stacks of permies been there for ever with chips on shoulders 5 miles wide.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I'm contracting for them in the north east and the rate is alright, not my best but nowhere near my worst.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Worked with them before. Some of their contracts can be weighed against the contractor - fire when they want but you can't leave. They tend to rush people in when they have the budget from the client and rush you out when they don't. A body shop for gov contracts is about how I would sum them up.

Comment

Working...
                  X