• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel to another ClientCo site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Is this wrong?
    No, it isn't wrong. That wasn't the point I was making. It was the comparison to Big Cos that I disagreed with.

Your Co is perfectly within it's rights to charge for all work done in line with the SoW included within your contract.

Personally, If I'm travelling long haul I'll bill for the day in transit and whenever possible do it during a working day. If it's euro (like most weeks) I'll travel in the evening but ensure that there's some goodwill from the client. i.e. If I have personal business to do during the working day or more flexible working from home on a Mon or Fri.

I suppose it depends on your client/daily or hourly rate/type of business.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      Ask a big consultancy to do this and they will refuse. Should my consultancy business be any different? Think not!
      A big consultancy will have it in the contract about whether they can bill for travelling time or not. Or certainly agree it in advance about whether they can charge or not. Try it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        A big consultancy will have it in the contract about whether they can bill for travelling time or not. Or certainly agree it in advance about whether they can charge or not. Try it.
        Thought that I had, based on previous agreements over travel
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

This should really be a B2B arrangement, i.e. the total number of hours you spent on the task door-to-door, minus your usual commuting hours to/from your client’s UK place of work. I do this a lot when travelling around the EU. E.g. I get up at 4.00am to go to Heathrow. I arrive in Budapest and work until 7.00pm local time with the client. That’s 14 hours. My UK commuting time is 1 hr each way. So I bill 12 hrs to the client. The client has never blinked; this is simply quantum meruit.
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
          X