• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reporting an Agency?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Are you happy for me to put forward your cv and to represent you to the company"

"I'm only happy for you to represent me if you secure me an interview".

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
      How do you find out that your CV has not actually been submitted?
      You can ask another agency who has the role to check. This happened to me recently. A second agency approached me and suggested this. They had direct access to HR as they were on PSL, within 30 mins they confirmed that my CV had not been received at that client. I have since been offered an interview there. It goes without saying that the first agency is now on my black list.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
        How do you find out that your CV has not actually been submitted?
        It turns out that an ex-workmate is in charge of recruitment for this role. He called me asking if I'd be interested in it, and I said I was already forward. He knew I certainly wasn't, and the agency is not on their PSL.

Is this not blatant fraudulent activity? An agency claiming they have a role, when they don't, and then lying about your CV going to the client? He had the cheek to tell me to ignore other agencies calling me about the position. Were it not for having an insider, I could have lost out on the chance of a contract which is ideal for me.

Point taken regarding getting things in an email from the agent, I didn't in this case. But I will certainly be asking for it in the future being I agree to get my CV sent anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
          d I said I was already forward. He knew I certainly wasn't, and the agency is not on their PSL. .

I'd already come to the conclusion this sort of things happens quite regularly, but it would be helpful if you could state the agency concerned...

Comment

Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
            It turns out that an ex-workmate is in charge of recruitment for this role. He called me asking if I'd be interested in it, and I said I was already forward. He knew I certainly wasn't, and the agency is not on their PSL.

Is this not blatant fraudulent activity? An agency claiming they have a role, when they don't, and then lying about your CV going to the client? He had the cheek to tell me to ignore other agencies calling me about the position. Were it not for having an insider, I could have lost out on the chance of a contract which is ideal for me.

Point taken regarding getting things in an email from the agent, I didn't in this case. But I will certainly be asking for it in the future being I agree to get my CV sent anywhere.
            There is an opportunity here for a web site to give information about PSLs
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
            X