• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to contracting - should it take this long??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friend had bad experience too

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    My experience with Virgin was very bad..Last year I was offered a role directly to me at the end of interview, I had to inform agency abt the result..! Next day agency also got confirmation through preferred supplier the same. Next Monday I got news that Offer is withdrawn...!! So expect the best & prepare for the worst..!!
    A friend of mine contracted there, they terminated her contract before it was meant to finish. Then offered her a lot of extra money to come back as they suddenly realised they really did need her.

She refused as she hated it there so much. I'd probably look around just to be sure, it'll take you a bit to get another contract anyway, they may come up with the contract before then.

Comment

Be aware that clientco signoff of funding for you may also be delayed due to illness and other factors - I experienced 4 weeks of delay because of this between interview and receiving contract on my current role.

Keep on at your agency for a proper reason - if you are not getting one then I would start to become suspect. As the others say, I'd also keep looking as it's not in the bag yet.

Good luck though.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your experiences.

I don't know if I feel better or worse!

Still no definites...the agent says he keeps calling, and there's no problem, just everyone's very busy, and the guy who has to sign it off is hard to pin down....

It's only been a week and a bit I suppose, and by the sounds of it this isn't altogether unusual...

Have a good weekend, all
        Rupert

Comment

I was due to have an interview there a few weeks ago, (call came out of the blue from agency after an initial call 2 months earlier).

The wanted to interview me the next day... I wasn't available..

I asked if they could kindly change the day to perhaps the day later or any time they could manage and I heard nothing.

I called agency a few times... usuall "thingy ma bob is on the phone", (never getting a call back) - nothing.

I assume that they have filled the 2 posts I was in the line for, I know of someone who has started there who was at my current clientco.

But reading posts on this forum they sound like a nightmare to work for in regard to their management/co ordination and it sounds like evern getting interviews sorted... I thinking Im better off out of it...

BUT, I do hope they send out your contract asap, and its not as bad as some have said good luck.

Comment

Carry on looking for something else you must, sounds like a right sh**hole to work for. I`d be getting arsey with the agent by now and telling them to push the client if over a week has gone by since first verbal contract offer.

Comment

Working...
            X