• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible BBC Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother works there as a contractor. They have cut the rates recently, he says rate he's on is around £50 more than people they are bringing in now. However he says it's a nice place to work. Treat people with respect etc.

He wasn't working hard, but now he is as waiting for someone to start a role who's coming from somewhere else. By working harder I think he means the odd extra hour at the end of a day.

I know others who have worked there too and everyone likes it (more on the online editorial side).

Generally, they left to get more money elsewhere, not sure how much it pays higher up the scale there.
    Last edited by northernrampage; 6 November 2009, 09:15. Reason: forgot to add something

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
      If you can, join the BBC Club.
      Would that not indicate that you are a permie?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
        Hi

Got a couple of contract offers on the table. One in my comfort zone of SC/public sector work, and one in the unknown world of the BBC. Anyone care to share opinions of contracting with Auntie?

Thanks
        They drink alot of tea at the BBC.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Would that not indicate that you are a permie?
          Nope, special membership for contractors. Not sure if you have to pay or not (would make sense if you do), but on a Saturday, nobody on the door ever checked anyway.
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I had an agency try to punt me a senior SAP FICO PM role based at the BBC in White city recently for £230 PD.

Oh how I laughed before hanging up the phone.
            Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
            X