• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment agents are habitual liars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it

Comment

As a rule of thumb, I start suspecting when it is Private number calling...

Comment

I usually tend to hang up the moment How are you finding the market..., if I want to play a bit - You tell me, you know better

Comment

Just had a call from one seemingly being honesthonest. They mentioned a permie job (and named the company) not far from me and when I said I wasn`t really interested and I want to stay contracting they said "to be honest,the market isn`t that bad" and signalled that it`s not worth considering the permie role.

Comment

Very good article - how true
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

had a pimp, getting antsy about my linked in status (gig coming to an end, renewal on cards, but keeping an open mind)

He wants a decision on whether I'll be staying with client co ffs pushy or what?

Gigs not up for another while.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Give them a name!

I usually tell them my former boss's name was Peter Griffin - 100% success rate - no one has twigged...

Comment

Maybe try Homer Simpson then.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Back door means of obtaining contact names backfire

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    A reminder for the newbies, naïve or forgetful:

Recruitment agents are habitual liars

Scum: "So, who were you working with there?" There it is. That's the primary purpose of the call: to get a contact name from you so they can start hassling your old boss, the friendly referee and making that referee hate you in the process. This test is valid > 99% of the time.
                    Giving the name of a contact name could cause another fellow contractor
                    problems. There is nothing worst based on my experience of having my
                    CV sent to a client by an agent who is not on the official supplier list.
                    Most Multi -National companies only deal with approved agents.
                    It does't matter how much the agency cries fowl,the HR department will not
                    authorise contracts to be signed with unofficial suppliers

Comment

Q - How do you know when an agent is lying?

A - His lips are moving

(olden but golden)

Comment

Working...
                      X