• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have to Supply my Own Contract - Any Standard Ones Out There?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to Supply my Own Contract - Any Standard Ones Out There?

I've just got a contract direct with a client. Today they told me that they want me to write the contract and give it to them. They want me to pop in with it this afternoon. That's a little strange isn't it?! I could put anything I wanted in there! Putting that aside are there standard contracts which I could use anywhere?

Sorry if my question is a repeat. I have searched the boards. I haven't contracted since just before IR35 was introduced so I can't base it on any of my old contracts.

Thanks for your help.
    Loopy Loo

PCG do a set, but the "Direct to Client" one is members only. Of course, membership is worth a lot more than the £120 it costs. And what's £120 aginst the total value of your contract?

But if the crude sales pitch fails, if you're direct, you don't need to worry too much about IR35 anyway. Use one of your old ones, just make sure you have a Substitution clause and a properly defined schedule (and, say it quietly, the freebie PCG ones you can see might make a suitable template for those....)
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If you are a PCG member, then there are some sample contracts there.

IIRC, Qdos have a sample contract for members of their contracting club (or whatever it's called).
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks for the Help

I've just joined PCG - seemed like a good idea anyway - so I now have access to their templates. Thanks for pointing me at them.

The client is quite a big organisation so it seems wierd that they've asked me to provide my own contract... Is this normal practice?
        Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
          I've just joined PCG - seemed like a good idea anyway - so I now have access to their templates. Thanks for pointing me at them.

The client is quite a big organisation so it seems wierd that they've asked me to provide my own contract... Is this normal practice?
          Slightly, but don't knock it. Look on it as a sign of confidence that they think you're running your own business. Some companies are run by people with a degree of intelligence not normally seen in the recruitment trade...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
            That's a little strange isn't it?!
            Not really, it's standard business practice for the supplier to provide the terms and conditions, because he's the one doing the work.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Not really, it's standard business practice for the supplier to provide the terms and conditions, because he's the one doing the work.
              And if more clients realised that, then recruitment businesses wouldn't have to cope with the failed recruiter/in house element of bringing on interim professionals. Unfortuantely, the generic agencies out there have already tainted the perception of interims with their MSP/NV/In-House processes, which means you lot tar us all with the same brush! The key word is SUPPLIER. Not contractor, not resource, not anything else other than one company providing a service to another.

<rant mode off>

TAV
              "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
              SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Working...
              X