• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

career break on the CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    One beak I had I described as

It was the most accurate bit on the CV too. The agent left it in too. It worked like a charm.
    At a time when house prices were rising like nobody's business I simply put down that I'd had a break to concentrate on house hunting. Everyone understood that one.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
      If you were an employee consultant at EDS you'd just put that wouldn't you, not 2 weeks here, 9 months there etc etc.
      Not if I was now looking for a contract gig, I wouldn't.

My CV details the permie time working for Oracle, and each individual project after that.

If you want to put some kind of experience down, rather than holiday time, put your company down and tell the agent that you can't go into more detail because it was covered by an NDA.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Put "Career break" down with the dates, and a bullet point under it stating "see end of CV for details".

I have this on my CV and have not had any issues. In many cases the hiring managers are often more interested in what I have been doing, than talking about the work that they want me to do.

Good luck.
        Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
        X