• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS Direct but via Hays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS Direct but via Hays

Last edited by Bumfluff; 1 December 2009, 21:59.

Ask Hays, they may have made a mistake. They work as an outsourced HR unit, in effect, so may have confused you with a permie appointment.

While you're at it point out that since you found the work, not them, the Agency Regs don't apply and you aren't going to debate opting in or out.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hays were used by BT. They are paid a low fixed percentage for handling your contract. It should be an standard contract between Hays and your company to supply you. Seem to remember that Hays contacts were not IR35 friendly. Check that you haven't received the wrong type of paperwork.

I did find it difficult to get them to change the contract to remove the 6 month exclusivity clause but they stated that it would not be exercised since I was effectively direct.
      Last edited by OrangeHopper; 7 October 2009, 19:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
        I got a contract direct with RBS but told I must go through Hays who RBS uses to deal with all the direct contracts, Hays sent me some paperwork today which I have just reviewed and its all very employee not once been asked for ltd company details. Has anyone else gone direct to RBS and had to go through Hays what was the setup in the end, I'm not sure of Hays has just sent me the wrong paperwork
        Yes. I was in exactly the same position as you.

I got B&C to review the contract - HAYS refused to negotiate any terms!!!!
        Let's hope you have better luck than me.

But HAYS did pay on time. :-)

Comment

I used to be at RBS and at that time they used Resource Solutions rather than Hays, but it was the same situation. They issued a not so nice contract that failed IR35 according to B&C and they refused to alter it. I walked because of it.

I have heard that Hays will make changes though if you put enough pressure on them.

If you're a member of the PCG then go and ask on their boards as there are people there who have successfully had changes made.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
            I got a contract direct with RBS but told I must go through Hays who RBS uses to deal with all the direct contracts, Hays sent me some paperwork today which I have just reviewed and its all very employee not once been asked for ltd company details. Has anyone else gone direct to RBS and had to go through Hays what was the setup in the end, I'm not sure of Hays has just sent me the wrong paperwork
            Ask RBS if you can use Lorien or The JM Group. If they say you can, let me know and I will put you in touch with someone at The JM Group
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
            X