• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£60 per day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A £75 a day testing job if anyone is desperate enough. I was told about it as I`m closeby but testing isn`t my bag

http://www.jobserve.co.uk/Software-T...EA736958.jsjob

Comment

Sorry, this degree talk in IT is rubbish. Sure it can make it easier but it isn`t a pre-req for all companies. So many people I speak to in and out of IT work in careers totally irrelevant to their degree. What a waste of time studying. What a BS world we live in if for example someone with a degree in Forestry is chosen for an IT job over a young lad with a real passion for IT but never went to uni.

One of the most talented developers I have come across bailed out of an IT degree because they said the material wasn`t good enough, it was below him, not challenging. If companies choose to select someone else over him due to the lack of degree, that`s their loss. Maybe those with an IT degree shouldn`t be selected as they are just the average, the above average candidates would have dumped the degree for real hands on experience.

Really, who at 18 REALLY knows what they want to do exactly?

I would encourage my own kids to get a degree but would totally understand if they wanted to try a different route.

I have a degree and I`m studying again now but it is for my own interests, I have no interest in studying for an IT related degree as it wouldn`t enhance me in any way as I`m sure I know it all already, learned in a more practical business enchancing way than purely for sheer exam qualifying purposes.

Years ago ICL did a study. They employed degree educated scientists to work alongside those who were taught on the job. And the best sellable ideas came from those without the degrees. The reason is believed to be because they would try out things, instead of relying on what they had been previously taught would work or not.

In my opinion learning on the job is a much better way of learning. Healthcare workers (doctors,dentists,vets), that`s a bit different however.
      Last edited by SuperZ; 2 September 2009, 11:49.

Comment

Well summed up

Comment

Working...
        X