• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warranties in contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I didn't stress enough and hence signed up. The problem is they aren't paying my invoice hence the stress has kicked in.

I'm a no insurance man, I've not seen a debate on that for a while. My theory, and it holds in this case is that a one man Ltd isn't worth chasing. I do have slight concerns about the personal liability stuff but not enough to shell out.
    You are stressing that clause though. Fact is they probably would resist paying you anyway, with or without it.

How much is owed and is it just the last invoice they have not paid (the only invoice for a doomed project perhaps?)

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      You are stressing that clause though. Fact is they probably would resist paying you anyway, with or without it.

How much is owed and is it just the last invoice they have not paid (the only invoice for a doomed project perhaps?)
      Was 10K+, now 5K+. I had 2 outstanding, one now paid. Agreed, if they are skint and in trouble they could of not paid anyway. The clause just makes my legal case a bit more complicated if I don't eventually get the lot.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, all the cases I've heard of withholding or playing silly sausages have involved the agency paying eventually when someone digs their heels in and threatens court, or instigates the court action.

Hope it works out, keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
          WHS - Complete twoddle! Fixed price work (which this is, in essence) needs huge contracts, agreed designs etc etc)

It's just a small minded pimp / company trying it on...all going to end in tears either way...
          What world is that in, I work with many companies who are forced to work fixed price without an agreed spec let alone agreed designs!
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
            What world is that in, I work with many companies who are forced to work fixed price without an agreed spec let alone agreed designs!
            Yes, there is a concept and a budget. When money runs out the project ends. Simples and no risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              Yes, there is a concept and a budget. When money runs out the project ends. Simples and no risk.
              Or the litigation begins

I know small company's are happy to sign up to deliver anything and worry about things later...

Seriously, there are a number of government contracts that have ended in tears like this...

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                Or the litigation begins

I know small company's are happy to sign up to deliver anything and worry about things later...

Seriously, there are a number of government contracts that have ended in tears like this...
                And you can understand why they do it. Not sure how I'll react when another 'warranty' contract comes up. Good money and near home and I'd take the gamble again but probably be more defensive in my attitude from Day 1.

Comment

Working...
                X