• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should i be paying th 12.8% employers NI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should i be paying th 12.8% employers NI

Hi Quick question... (hope not a daft one)

I recently signed up with Danbro who are on the ball but they told me that i pay normal NI AT 11% and also 12.8%. Should i pay employers NI though?

cheers

Yep. If you don't pay it who do you think will?

Comment

Employers NI

ANSOF

I guess you must be using their Umbrella service and so are an employee.

You are not paying Employers NI, but the Umbrella Company is, and it is coming out of the Contract rate you agreed with the Staffing company.

To see how this all fits togeather there is a video and a spreadsheet here, so you can check the calculations.

Phil

Comment

Can't Danbro tell you? I guess not, eh?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

cheers phil.

Danbro told me right then, but theres no harm getting an answer from fellow contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by ANSOF View Post
            cheers phil.

Danbro told me right then, but theres no harm getting an answer from fellow contractors.
            Don't want to be rude here... but why wouldn't they be right?
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Even Chuck Norris comes to CUK to check he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                Is he related to AndyW by any chance?
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  Don't you mean "Cuk Norris" ?

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                    I'm guessing that ANSOF wasn't expecting to have to pay Employer's NI, because surprise, surprise no-one told him.

So I can imagine it was a bit of a shock to suddenly find yourself paying about an extra 10% tax (the first 5K-odd is 'free') than what he was expecting.

He therefore wants to find out if he's being conned and get our expert opinion.

Sadly is it correct. This is quite common for new contractors going umbrella. The agent doesn't mention it, the umbrella doesn't mention it. This is partly because they are not legally required to, but largely because they want to sucker you in with what seems like higher net earnings than it really is.

Comment

Working...
                    X