• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Adsense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Adsense

I have seen so many websites related to "get rich quick" using google adsense.

Just wondered if anybody can honestly say if they have made any money from
    it.

Yes. Send me £10 and I'll tell you how.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post

it.
      A friend of mine makes a few hundred a month from it. This is after spending about seven years building up his site's reputation; he publishes new articles and reviews at least three or four times a month, and the site exists to promote his real-world business, not just for the ads.

The "get-rich-quick" scams usually operate by setting up splogs; Google and others work hard to shut these down as quickly as possible, and are getting better at it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        A friend of mine makes a few hundred a month from it. This is after spending about seven years building up his site's reputation; he publishes new articles and reviews at least three or four times a month, and the site exists to promote his real-world business, not just for the ads.

The "get-rich-quick" scams usually operate by setting up splogs; Google and others work hard to shut these down as quickly as possible, and are getting better at it all the time.
        I know it really depends on the click through rate and the value for the click but do you know what level of hits he gets a month to generate that?

Comment

A site of mine scraped together about $100 over a 12 month period around 3 years ago using Adsense. The site in question had about 30 uniques a day. Over the last 12 months I've made about $2.50 on the same site.

I think you need a lot of traffic to make any real kind of money, especially given that many people run ad blockers these days.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I know it really depends on the click through rate and the value for the click but do you know what level of hits he gets a month to generate that?
            Checking my email, the last time he mentioned any specific stats was in February 2007: "352k pages this month from 254k visits (128k unique) -- have these people got nothing better to do :-)" He mentions getting over $60 a day on four of the previous seven days from Google at that point; since then he's also started using Amazon's affiliate program (as he does a lot of product reviews) and I know they've been bringing in a respectable amount, though not as much as Google.

He's increased those figures a fair bit since then (I think he might have been approaching the million page mark in some months), but the last time I spoke to him about it was down the pub several months ago, and for some reason I've forgotten the figures

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post

it.
              I've made at least a few hundred a month from it for the past few years. At one time, it was nearly £1K a month but currency exchange, recession and Adsense generally falling out of favour have brought that down considerably.

But these are all on sites that have been around a long time and have been marketed considerably.

Trust me - there's no get-rich-quick scheme for it...and if there was, no-one would sell it to you.

Comment

I tried this for a bit on a few sites. I make about 20-25 dollars a month. Not updated any of the sites in over a year.

I think there is potential... but depends if you enjoy running the sites. I lost interest after a while.

Comment

Working...
                X