• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clinical Coders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinical Coders

Hi all,

So, after looking through some of these posts it seems that some people really have some issues with recruitment agents!!!

I would like to think that I am different in my approach, after all it is keeping you guys happy which is just as important as providing a good service to the client - I would much rather that you didn't walk off site halfway through the contract!!

I am hoping for some help/advice, I am currently seeking clinical coders for new contracts based in the South of England. If you know any then please direct them to my details here where they get in contact.

I look forward to it,

Kind regards,

Sarah

Originally posted by LucyMears View Post
    So, after looking through some of these posts it seems that some people really have some issues with recruitment agents!!!
    No, that's not strictly true. People have issues with those who lie, manipulate and deceive them - as I'm sure you would if you were on the receiving end.

I would love to see a forum of recruitment agents bitching about those "lying, cheating contractors" but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by LucyMears View Post
      Kind regards,

Sarah
      So, multiple personality disorder or a more-than-usually dishonest agent?

Comment

Lucy,

Agents don't get a terribly nice reception here in general so my advice is you prepare for a lot of abuse and refuse to be drawn in. Demonstrate your professionalism and get involved with the community a little (helping answer questions in this forum for instance) before starting to advertise roles here, or you may be chased out

d.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would much rather that you didn't walk off site halfway through the contract!!
          Perhaps if you hadn't used an anecdotal stereotype then you'd get a bit more of a constructive response. I have been contracting 15 years and can't remember a single contractor colleague that has walked off without completing his/her current contract - no matter how pissed off they were.

It's called "being professional".
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
            I have been contracting 15 years and can't remember a single contractor colleague that has walked off without completing his/her current contract - no matter how pissed off they were.
            Strange, it's discussed all the time here by contractors asking "I found a contract with a higher rate, how do I get out of my current contract?"
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would code for a clinic. Provided they are looking after **** and I get to write DNR on her papers. IGMC....

Sarah : I dont think the choice of Lucy for a username was a good one. But if you get your account upgraded to receive PMs (contact admin) then I might apply.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Strange, it's discussed all the time here by contractors asking "I found a contract with a higher rate, how do I get out of my current contract?"
                ... and are most frequently answered "Be professional; you give contractors a bad name; don't".
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Perhaps if you hadn't used an anecdotal stereotype then you'd get a bit more of a constructive response. I have been contracting 15 years and can't remember a single contractor colleague that has walked off without completing his/her current contract - no matter how pissed off they were.

*cough* *splutter*

I blame the client and agency though, and I had taken as much as I could.

Comment

I have been contracting 15 years and can't remember a single contractor colleague that has walked off without completing his/her current contract - no matter how pissed off they were.

Earlier this year I had a contract terminated (with the contractual notice period) by my client 3 weeks before it was due to end. Was my client "being professional"?

Comment

Working...
                    X