• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clinical Coders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Yes. That's why I want three times as much money as a contract PM as my permie colleagues will be getting.

To make up for the time on the bench, the training, the LtdCo running costs, the time spent doing poxy paperwork for the government and ... to compensate me for the risk associated with uncertainty.

If I am running a project and see it needs to be terminated early or there is a quick way of achieving the same end, I will tell management and explain why. If so instructed, I will then wrap it up and leave, saving the client a small fortune and making them feel happy with me. I'm probably stupid, but it's what I do.

A permie would then be given something else to do; I'm back on the bench. I expect a higher rate for that kind of integrity and its consequences.

But part of the service I offer is that if the budget disappears, or the programme is terminated, or if the weather changes (there's a story behind that), I will clear off without complaint.
    Well I applaud your professional approach.
    Of course at the current market you'll be lucky to get 1.5 times a permie rate (OK a generalization). So do your exemplary principles still apply in the light of that?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      You've been looking at my invoices again Mr DA

But yes your point makes sense.

I wish I did more than just look at them
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
      X