• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have any questions for me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any questions for me?

At the end of every interview we are asked this question, what kind of Qs do you normally ask, most of my Qs are usually answered during the interview e.g. the project /technology / team etc... so I usually invent a few Qs to show am interested, wonder if I should come up with something smart to ask about.

If you're feeling brave...

"Is there anything that has come up during the course of this interview that you think would be an obstacle to us working together?"

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
      At the end of every interview we are asked this question, what kind of Qs do you normally ask, most of my Qs are usually answered during the interview e.g. the project /technology / team etc... so I usually invent a few Qs to show am interested, wonder if I should come up with something smart to ask about.
      Ones I've tried in the past include:

1. Tell me something bad about company X?

Results: HR typically bluster, non-HR will tell me something that the HR bod blanches at (=true)

2. From what we've learned about each other today, do you think that (a) I can do the job and (b) you want me to do the job?

Results: Most honest I've heard is "(a) = yes, (b) = maybe" but typically I get "yes and yes". It's a really "ballsy" question to ask.

3. How long do you think it'll take me to get bored here and go looking elsewhere?

Results: I've not heard a reasonable answer to this one yet; I've only ever asked it once and was laughed at. I still got the offer of the gig though although turned it down.

HTH

Comment

I ask something along the lines of "Is there anything that you've seen/heard today that you have any concerns about versus me and the role? Because if there is, I'd like the opportunity to address them with you while I'm here." Usually the answer is "no" but for this job the client rep muttered on about a series of short term jobs on my CV "because we want someone who'll stay the course" to which the reply was along the lines of a polite "You're takling to a contractor FFS it's what I do!". When I got the job it turns out that the bloke is a dyed in the wool permatractor who's been with the client for years on end and you'd never know he wasn't staff unless you made it your business to find out.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I always make sure I ask questions all the way through the interview, and then at the end when they say "any questions", I can say something like "I think I've asked everything I wanted to know" without it being awkward.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I have a friend who claims he finished an interview with "this is all a joke, right? Is Jeremy Beadle through that door?". Knowing the guy, I believe him.

Oh to have had the cahoonahs to have done that myself on a couple of occasions...
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              I have a friend who claims he finished an interview with "this is all a joke, right? Is Jeremy Beadle through that door?". Knowing the guy, I believe him.

Oh to have had the cahoonahs to have done that myself on a couple of occasions...
              That's brilliant
              Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
              I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Working...
              X