• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leasing IT equipment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    is it not covered under your business insurance?
    It is possible... I'll need to give it a look.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
      I've contacted PC world business which is rentsmart, they only do 3 year leases but you can upgrade after 2 years (tying you in conveniantly)

how did you get a 1 year lease ?
      My mistake, it's a 3 year lease with the option of of upgrading after 2 like you say.

Still for me it's better then collecting dead paper weights.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I have gone ahead and leased a samsung x360 laptop via PCWB its value is £1200

I need to insure it, can you recommend a company that does laptop insurance.

I know PCW offer it, but surely there must be others & better prices.

Comment

You can pick up a real good laptop from HP, Dell etc themselves from their sites on on Ebay for 500 quid complete with software, maintenance, next day replacement directly from the vendor etc. So why on earth would you want to lease a laptop?? Its just not worth it. What do you hope to gain?? Laptops are throwaway commodity items these days.

If you are not happy with the above, you can get a free laptop from most broadband providers. Assuming that you will pay for a broadband service anyway, what else do you want??

PZZ

Comment

I want choice of laptop. I am guessing the choice is limited of whats on ebay.

Examples ????

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
              Laptops are throwaway commodity items these days.

PZZ
              Have you ever thrown a laptop in the bin?

They just collect around my house, which is pointless.

My job is always customer facing I like having access to the latest equipment something that will 'just do' just won't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
                I want choice of laptop. I am guessing the choice is limited of whats on ebay.

Examples ????
                My HP laptop: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4339 is about as cutting edge as you can get, Office 2007 etc - 500 quid from HP on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                X