• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bae

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bae

Anyone here worked for BAE systems? What're they like to contract for?

I've been offered a contract there for a minimum of 3 months, and been offered an extension at current ClientCo for a maximum of 4 months.

The agency at current ClientCo have changed my payment terms from 7 days after invoice submission to 37 days after invoice submission which I'm not too happy about.

Money and distance to travel are the same for both gigs.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

I have although was only for 6 months, based in systems engineering innovation centre.

Went through Morson agency. No problems whatsoever. Although bums on seats manager, it went well - and payed ok too. Still keep in touch with a couple of guys there.

Payment terms were 7 days.

Can't help with other sites though - I assume you are not at SEIC. Hope this helps.

Comment

Well there are a LOT of BAES sites and business units so your mileage could easily vary. They can be a bit civil service/military in attitude at times, but I took multiple extensions if that's any indication to you. I met loads of nice people quite a few of which I consider friends and occasionally nip over to see and have parties with etc.
      I'm a bit of an aircraft geek too so working at a functional aerodrome was interesting to me as were the projects.

I went through Morsons too, they paid quickly and efficiently.

Would I work for BAES again? Yes without a doubt if the right project comes up.

Comment

I know there are going to be a lot of BAE sites so MMMV. The guys who were interviewing me seem to spend very little time at the location I was interviewed at.

I'm 99% sure I'll take the gig as I'm not happy with the agency messing me around at current ClientCo, and the new gig would be likely to last a lot longer than the existing one I have.

I'm just trying to think of a reason I wouldn't snatch their hands off.....
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I just happened across this also:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...owtopic=116249

About Bae up north not renewing contractors. Just for more info.

Comment

I used to work for them when permie a long long time ago.

Now I would not only because the rates are never good enough.

The banter is always good though.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              I just happened across this also:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...owtopic=116249

About Bae up north not renewing contractors. Just for more info.
              Well one of my friends has just signed a new extension (North West) so that thread is somewhat inaccurate or exaggerated, there were quite a few contractors on the sites I worked at.

Comment

Yep, the internet is usually full of crap.

Just happened to come across it at the same time.

Comment

As a substantial shareholder in BAE Systems, I trust that should you take this contract, you will not be wasting time by posting on this forum
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    As a substantial shareholder in BAE Systems, I trust that should you take this contract, you will not be wasting time by posting on this forum
                    Hehe, well at the BAES sites I worked many boards were blocked by the firewalls.

Comment

Working...
                    X