• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Of The Day(?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuart_75 View Post

My client is currently upgrading their Microwave Networks to cover 3G technologies and require a strong project engineer who can be responsible for the Transmission planning of the project. Knowledge of SDH/PDH technologies, Microwave and 19" cabinets would be beneficial. Good project administration skills are required to update the clients bespoke Project Software including updated project records, recording information and project planning.
    Hmmm now let me see, I guess that's where they are planning on putting the equipment then. With my knowledge I should apply for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by slockyer View Post
      Hmmm now let me see, I guess that's where they are planning on putting the equipment then. With my knowledge I should apply for this one.
      I was thinking that, although my knowledge of 19" cabinets is from PA systems not telecoms - oh dear.

Comment

WRT the original advert. SWMBO has been out of the workforce for a couple of years now and has started to consider working again. As that job is local to us I can see her applying for something like that as a starting point before going back in full time on a better rate.
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          WRT the original advert. SWMBO has been out of the workforce for a couple of years now and has started to consider working again. As that job is local to us I can see her applying for something like that as a starting point before going back in full time on a better rate.

Surely pimping her out would be more profitable? And it's a cash business too - can't go wrong!
          A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

here's another

Technical Project Manager Contract

PM will manage IT deliverables across the 3 workstreams of the programme.
            Coordination of IT activity across my client's programme working on the Delivery of worksteams.
            Management of the ICT elements of the contact centre operation.
            Management of 3 key stakeholders - ICT Service who will provide the corporate infrastructure & ICT services that go into the buildings; building contractors who will deliver IT infrastructure works.
            Expert view required on what both the building contractors & ICT Service are providing, giving the PM the ability to identify & manage risks, identify & escalate issues & take an objective view on both parties contributions.
            Experience of working with building contractors to define & deliver ICT infrastructure works.
            Experience of server, voice & data, storage, mobile/flexible working & information security disciplines.
            Technical lead/expert with the ability to identify & manage ICT risks & issues.
            Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills, with experience of working at a programme level.
            Experience of working on large construction &/or refurbishment projects desirable.
            Expert negotiating & influencing skills.
            Financial acumen in terms of being able to identify the VFM of IT solutions.
            Proven experience of managing & working in a large multi skilled team.
            Ability to quickly understand the intricacies of existing ICT systems, strategies & infrastructure, enabling the post holder to manage, advise & deliver necessary changes & works associated with the programme.
            Location Manchester, Lancashire
            Country England
            Start Date 2009-06-15
            Duration 3 months initially
            Rate £163-£174/Day 35/Hour Week
            Employment Business NES IT
            Contact Amanda Bury
            Telephone 0161 942 2117
            Email [email protected]
            Reference JSAJB/21298/TPM
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
              here's another

Technical Project Manager Contract

Rate £163-£174/Day 35/Hour Week
              Don't knock those rates just yet. They're still going down.

In 2001 I was on £555 per day.

In 2004 I was damn glad to get £152 per day.

We may regret ignoring £170 per day yet...
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I came across this sinister looking role...

I am looking for an experienced PHP developer to work on a project.

The ideal candidate will have good working knowledge with:
                Essential skills

* PHP
                * MYSQL
                * Java
                * HTML
                * Graphic Designs - ideally Photoshop
                * Linux

Desirable skills

* C++
                * C#

You will be working as part of a team but will also be required to work on your own at times. There is a likely HOOD of an extension as you will be working on an ongoing project. If this sounds like you and you are available to start work within the next 2 weeks and are able to interview next week.
                HOOD? wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  I came across this sinister looking role...

HOOD? wtf?

Is it me, or does the Hood remind you of a certain W Hague?
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Consultant

Skills and Experience
                    The consultant shall hold a Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent in an IT domain and be chartered or seeking chartership by a recognised learned body.
                    The consultant shall have current knowledge and experience of Defence Test & Reference capabilities, policy and initiatives.
                    The successful execution of the contract requires the following range of essential skills and expertise:
                    1. Interpersonal Skills
                    Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
                    Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with external customers and stakeholders.
                    Be able to develop and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers.
                    Be able to explain complex issues clearly, willingly co-operate and share information with other members of the team and external stakeholders.
                    Be adaptable.
                    Be focused on the achievement of team goals.

2. Core skills
                    Plan, manage, co-ordinate or support (as required) multiple complex and geographically distributed short-term test, experimentation and training initiatives.
                    Use Microsoft Office tools, including expertise in use of MS Project and MS Visio.
                    Be able to elicit User & System requirements from stakeholders & express them clearly in appropriate documentation.
                    Be able to produce TLMP & ITEAP documents that will assist in the running of the projects.
                    Be able to understand and contribute to C4ISTAR Networked Enabled Research, Test and Reference, Demonstration and Training architectural discussions & decisions from Operational, System & Technical viewpoints.

3. Technical Skills
                    Demonstrate a good understanding of procurement project processes.
                    Demonstrate a broad spectrum understanding of C4ISTAR Projects.
                    Demonstrate a good understanding of C4ISTAR Architectures.
                    Demonstrate a good understanding of Integration/Interoperability testing and test management.
                    Demonstrate a good understanding of Test/Experiment/Exercise planning, management and co-ordination.
                    Demonstrate an understanding of MODAF or equivalent.
                    Demonstrate a good understanding of TLM and in-service support.

4. Acquisition Knowledge/Experience
                    Extensive experience of working within the defence acquisition environment. Hands on project management experience of a significant MoD project.
                    Extensive knowledge of MoD Smart Acquisition principles.
                    In depth knowledge of working within and using the Defence Acquisition Operating Framework (AOF) and the Acquisition Management System (AMS)
                    System Engineering knowledge and experience, preferably involving aspects of interoperability between systems. Membership of the International Council for System Engineering (INCOSE) is desirable.
                    Through-Life Management experience in both TLMP drafting and Maturity Level assessment.
                    Expertise in Requirements development and management including experience in the use of DOORS software for this purpose.
                    Expertise in Acceptance management including the production and implementation of Acceptance Strategies and ITEAPs.

Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to 10 weeks. LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non clearance vacancies.

Location Bristol, Somerset
                    Country England
                    Start Date 01/07/2009
                    Duration 150 days
                    Rate £10/Hour
                    Employment Business LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
                    Contact Zoe Booth
                    Telephone 01782 203040
                    Fax 01782 203050
                    Email [email protected]
                    Reference JS057601
                    Posted Date 04/06/2009 09:51:19
                    This one takes the biscuit shirley?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Plenty quickness, much cheaply
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X