• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Of The Day(?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Of The Day(?)

Here's one I found earlier, I've incuded all agency details incase any of you want to apply!

Project Manager part time Bristol - £100-£150/day 6 month initial role.

Computer People have an exciting opportunity for a Part time Project Manager within a large established organisation based in Bristol. To be successful in this role, you must have previous Project Management experience.

The successful Project Manager will have experience within the following areas:
    Running and Managing Projects
    Starting mid-way through projects and driving through to completion
    Reporting using bespoke software
    Customer Liaison
    Business Process
    Systems implementation

This established organisation is looking for an experienced Project manager to come on site for an initial 6 month period to help manage and complete an existing large project. You will be managing a software installation from implementation to business as usual stage. Part of this project will be too troubleshot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity problems so previous experience dealing with such issues will be essential. There is a large possibility that this role will be extended longer than 6 months. The main head office will be based in Bristol however travel between other offices within local area will also be required so local knowledge would be advantageous. Knowledge of the care industry would be advantageous.

The successful candidate does not require a Prince 2 qualification but a good track record in managing projects is essential. You will be required to be able to hit the ground running and comfortable working at various locations. You'll be self motivated and able to be flexible in your approach to supporting the day to day needs of the business, you will also be available to work for 3 days a week.

For more information or to APPLY NOW please email a copy of your updated CV or call 0113 218 6807.

Location Bristol, Somerset
    Country England
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 6 months
    Rate £100-£150/Day
    Employment Business Computer People
    Contact Terri Dolan
    Telephone 0113 218 6807
    Email [email protected]
    Reference JSTDPM BRIS
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

I received a corker yesterday from Elance:

"We are looking to replicate google's web products inclusive of Gmail[We want en exact replication of google APPs, please do ample research on this before placing your bid] . We basically intend to create an email service just like google which would also have all the applications business as well as personal which google provides the users , although we plan to implement certain features additionally and also would change some functionalities ."

Received plenty of bids from offshore, cost $50,000 and a few estimated delivery within 3 months!

Love to see that companies face when they win and realise they've got to replicate all Google's apps + GMail for 30K in 12 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
      Starting mid-way through projects and driving through to completion...
      You will be required to be able to hit the ground running
      I think their last PM died of malnutrition on those rates
      A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        I received a corker yesterday from Elance:

"We are looking to replicate google's web products inclusive of Gmail[We want en exact replication of google APPs, please do ample research on this before placing your bid] . We basically intend to create an email service just like google which would also have all the applications business as well as personal which google provides the users , although we plan to implement certain features additionally and also would change some functionalities ."

Received plenty of bids from offshore, cost $50,000 and a few estimated delivery within 3 months!

Love to see that companies face when they win and realise they've got to replicate all Google's apps + GMail for 30K in 12 weeks!
        I thought Alexi's English was better than that?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I would like an honest answer from some of our most welcome lurking agents on whether people are actually responding to and taking these £100-150pd contracts and who they are? Or, as I suspect, are they merely agencies playing the 'how low can we go' testing game with the market?
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            I would like an honest answer from some of our most welcome lurking agents on whether people are actually responding to and taking these £100-150pd contracts and who they are? Or, as I suspect, are they merely agencies playing the 'how low can we go' testing game with the market?
            I have just seen this on and even thought of applying - how desperate am I - the role is only 3 days per week as well
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I was going to post this job ad too.

What caught my eye was:
              Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
              complete an existing large project

troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity problems

however travel between other offices within local area will also be required so local knowledge would be advantageous.

does not require a Prince 2 qualification ... self motivated

able to be flexible in your approach to supporting the day to day needs of the business
              1. It is broken.
              2. It is VERY broken.
              3. Buy yourself a cheap van: you'll be delivering bits of kit all over the place.
              4. You are on your own: no board, no support.
              5. No less that 12 hours a day - but paid for 7.5
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

You have all noticed the phrase "part time" in the original post haven't you?
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  I was going to post this job ad too.

What caught my eye was:
                  1. It is broken.
                  2. It is VERY broken.
                  3. Buy yourself a cheap van: you'll be delivering bits of kit all over the place.
                  4. You are on your own: no board, no support.
                  5. No less that 12 hours a day - but paid for 7.5
                  Fair evaluation I'd say.

Comment

Check out this cracker I come across today.........

Transmission Planning Engineer - Birmingham, West Midlands [This job has been advertised by a member of REC] Contract

Transmission Planning Engineer - Birmingham, West Midlands - SDH/PDH/3G, Microwave Networks

My client is currently upgrading their Microwave Networks to cover 3G technologies and require a strong project engineer who can be responsible for the Transmission planning of the project. Knowledge of SDH/PDH technologies, Microwave and 19" cabinets would be beneficial. Good project administration skills are required to update the clients bespoke Project Software including updated project records, recording information and project planning.

The role is based in the West Midlands and any previous experience of working for the mobile telecom industry would be beneficial. The client is paying £100 - £130 per day, please send your CV in the first instance.
                    Location Birmingham, West Midlands
                    Country England
                    Start Date Immediate
                    Duration Monthly Rolling
                    Rate £100-£130/Day
                    Employment Business Omnium IT Recruitment
                    Contact Rosie Turner
                    Telephone 01782 571932
                    Fax 0845 481 8010
                    Email [email protected]
                    Reference JS15670
                    Posted Date 26/05/2009 14:31:53