• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

permie interview today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps they thought you'd be off to Montana soon?

I've had this problem in my field a number of times. We'd love to offer you the job but you're over qualified/experienced.

My answer has always been that there's no guarantees in this world, your appointee may be hit by a bus within a week of starting. However, while I'm with you, you could learn from my experience and qualifications and make vast improvements in your performance.

Never worked though!
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
      Perhaps they thought you'd be off to Montana soon?

I've had this problem in my field a number of times. We'd love to offer you the job but you're over qualified/experienced.

My answer has always been that there's no guarantees in this world, your appointee may be hit by a bus within a week of starting. However, while I'm with you, you could learn from my experience and qualifications and make vast improvements in your performance.

Never worked though!
      Too old, too expensive, or we don't like you for some reason that we're not prepared to state. Or we are stupid, tossers, insane, like abusing power, pathological liars, etc etc etc

Comment

My my my....
        How the mighty have fallen.

It was only a year ago that many here were the "tough guys"
        "Permidom? Nah... not for me - wouldn't get out of bed for less than..."

Well spacemen, its "back to earth with a bump" time.

So lets see who gets riled by this.....

Right....The point is this.
        Unless you can take that sort of abuse above (i.e. You don't get riled, you don't react and you pass it off quietly), you ain't gonna pass an interview.

Not only that, no amount of "look how good I am" is going to get you a role. In fact it will do the reverse.

This is a PERMIE interview. You are being interviewed to see if you fit in first and foremost.
        Think about all the bitter and twisted permies you have encountered.
        It is your assignmnet in the interview to be able to get on with them - to NOT be a threat to them
        Its usually the case that the last thing a boss wants, is a "new broom sweeps clean".

Stop trying to impress. Try to be earnest.

Comment

That's pretty good advice I think.

However, I feel that a lot of the "permie" roles being filled with ex-contractors at present will be terminated within a year. That way, the employer gets the contractor but without paying the contractor premium. Some firms locally have actively sacked contractors and replaced them with "permies". I wonder how "permie" it will turn out to be on the part of the employer?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
            You are being interviewed to see if you fit in first and foremost.
            Yes, pretty much agree with that one.

The best permie interview I had was with two such characters. Their bitterness was quite refreshing - they didn't hide it one bit.

Try to be earnest.
            I can now see the importance of this. IGMC.

Comment

My my my....
              How the mighty have fallen.

It was only a year ago that many here were the "tough guys"
              "Permidom? Nah... not for me - wouldn't get out of bed for less than..."

Well spacemen, its "back to earth with a bump" time.

So lets see who gets riled by this.....

Right....The point is this.
              Unless you can take that sort of abuse above (i.e. You don't get riled, you don't react and you pass it off quietly), you ain't gonna pass an interview.

Not only that, no amount of "look how good I am" is going to get you a role. In fact it will do the reverse.

This is a PERMIE interview. You are being interviewed to see if you fit in first and foremost.
              It is your assignmnet in the interview to be able to get on with them - to NOT be a threat to them
              Its usually the case that the last thing a boss wants, is a "new broom sweeps clean".

Stop trying to impress. Try to be earnest.
              am not a permie but i see your point

Comment

Working...
              X