• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Test for contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks

Thought I had to make my first post on here in response to this thread. For the role in question (and all previous positions in this particular area of the client) a technical test (it's a development role) needs to be taken prior to the interview. Only people who the client are interested in interviewing are given this test, which is produced by the client, not the agency. Should a candidate pass the test, an interview will follow.

It's not a hoax to try and get people through the door / harass them over any other interviews potential clients, it's a geniune requirement from the client prior to seeing someone for an interview.

I guess the difficulty that we sometimes face are the experiences that people have had with time wasting agencies / bad experiences etc, but the fact is there are genuine cases like this when it's a simple case of no test, no interview. The test cannot be done online for the obvious reasons it's fairly easy to cheat!!

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post

I now realise the agent wasted my time and cash. Worse, I also blabbed about some possible leads, and interviews I will be attending. It cost a shed load of money which I cannot afford 'cos I'm on the bench and I wasted a whole effing day when I could be doing something useful
      About £15 + she bought me a coffee in Pret. I offered no leads, or at least only dead ones.
      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
      X