• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Other ways of bringing in ££

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though Google have a headlock, consider the internet as a whole is still in it's infancy as a proper place of business. There are surely a million places to get a piece of the action.

If only I could find them... and have the funds to devote my time to it...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm working on a mobile phone game. I looked at iPhone but didn't want to buy a mac + a whole lot of licences, so I've gone the J2ME route. All the dev software seems to be free. Download NetBeans, the Sun wireless toolkit and a few emulators and you're in business. My game isn't exactly Half Life, but then my price will be something like 99p. Besides, all the other cheap phone games that I've looked at don't seem to be much superior to mine (IMHO).

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
        I see so if I were to develop, say, a search engine I could meet Google head on? What a majestic idea!
        Hmmm ... a Wolfram Alpha that works ..... it might work
        The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          I have IP protection on a couple of my inventions and both have been copied. Catching up with the fothermuckers who instigated the copying has been a long, tortuous and ultimately unsuccessful process.
          yes I there are down-sides to it too....
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
          X