• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's the fault in this logic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the fault in this logic?

Presently, I put £1000 a month into my SIPP from the Ltd Co as a Co contribution, £12k a year.

This year, the Ltd Co has a "spare" £3k that I could choose to take as a divi and pay the 21% corp tax on (£630, or 21%) effectively netting me £2370 in my hand after corp tax.

Or, I could pay the £3k into my SIPP increasing my SIPP to £15k a year but, as I am 52 years of age, I immediately take 25% (£3750) of the £15k contribution out as a tax free lump sum. The Ltd Co saves the £630 Corp Tax and I get the £3750 in my hand to do what I want with, the chancellor gets zip.

I can do this every year from now on until I retire.

Where's the faulty logic in this?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Yay! I'm younger than someone on here ( just).

Immediate vesting pension. I've been looking at this too; though plans are on hold as I've just hit the bench.

For an example http://www.standardlife.co.uk/conten...ppp/ivppp.html

Not a suggestion, just the first google result. Rules change soon though
    Logic seems sound to me, and I need to make up for a lot of years wasted in final salary schemes which subsequently went broke!

RS

Comment

Why don't you buy some Adult features for your satelite package?
      Some DVD players for your second home, Have some moles removed from your garden.

From what I hear this is the new tax dispensations they're extending to Contractors
      threenine.co.uk
      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Presently, I put £1000 a month into my SIPP from the Ltd Co as a Co contribution, £12k a year.

This year, the Ltd Co has a "spare" £3k that I could choose to take as a divi and pay the 21% corp tax on (£630, or 21%) effectively netting me £2370 in my hand after corp tax.

Or, I could pay the £3k into my SIPP increasing my SIPP to £15k a year but, as I am 52 years of age, I immediately take 25% (£3750) of the £15k contribution out as a tax free lump sum. The Ltd Co saves the £630 Corp Tax and I get the £3750 in my hand to do what I want with, the chancellor gets zip.

I can do this every year from now on until I retire.

Where's the faulty logic in this?
        Your pocket gets £3750 and your SIPP has £11250.

Instead of £12000 for option A.

There is no fault in the logic; beware of the imminent increase of lower age limit to 55; and of course beware of tax rule changes in the future. And I believe that you must NOT invest the cash that you take out of the SIPP into anything that looks like retirement savings.

Comment

Working...
        X