• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Ad Websites + Search Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Ad Websites + Search Tips

I have just completed contract and starting to look for next role. Are all IT roles advertisied on Jobserve or should I be looking on Monster, CW jobs, IT Jobsite as well, for roles not advertisied on Jobserve ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Are all IT roles advertisied on Jobserve or should I be looking on Monster, CW jobs, IT Jobsite as well, for roles not advertisied on Jobserve ?
    Other sites definitely do hold ads that do not appear in Jobserve, although you will quickly notice the big overlap too.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Do you think there's a gap in the market for a contractors SKA to do all the legwork around the job boards? The websites that purport to do this don't do a great job IMO. EG- http://www.indeed.co.uk
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What you mean like this:

http://www.cukjobs.co.uk/csw/

Comment

And if you're really sad (like me ) you can use an RSS aggregator with an instant pop-up alert mechanism. This way you can customize your searches (per site as they all take different criteria/logic), cover more job sites, and even pipe them all to your mobile phone by SMS etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            What you mean like this:

http://www.cukjobs.co.uk/csw/

No I don't actually. If I look for process engineering jobs using that, it returns about 50% or more entirely irrelevant IT jobs. Many of the jobs it returns are staff jobs too, so of zero interest. So no, that is rubbish just like the other website I linked to.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              And if you're really sad (like me ) you can use an RSS aggregator with an instant pop-up alert mechanism. This way you can customize your searches (per site as they all take different criteria/logic), cover more job sites, and even pipe them all to your mobile phone by SMS etc.
              I'm not clear on that at all any chance of a layman's explanation please?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                +1

I have most searches from various sites syndicated into Google Reader now,
                makes the hunt a lot lot easier.

Comment

Aggregator?

Hi chaps. Have been away from the contracting scene for a couple of years, but am now looking at getting back in.

Anyone know of any aggregate contract sites - I'm not up to fashioning one out of RSS feeds unfortunately, but one single source of contracts would be very useful if indeed Jobserve isn't serving them all up!

Must agree that 'Indeed' is not up to much.

Could be an idea for a new job site there!

Comment

I think one of the best job sites I've come across is Indeed - www.indeed.co.uk

Indeed basically aggregates jobs from a variety of sources so you have a quick snapshot of jobs in the market. I prefer this than going to each and every individual site. Wastes so much time.

Has anyone had success with LinkedIn jobs?
                    Work for Firebrand Training. Enhance your project and program management career with Prince2, PMP, ScrumMaster, MSP, Six Sigma courses. Pass First Time or Train Again for FREE

Comment

Working...
                    X