• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone have two (or more) contracts spread out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have two (or more) contracts spread out?

Hi - I was wondering about taking an overseas contract, but only doing 50% of my month on it, so I can be back with family in the UK. The client is willing to entertain this.

I was thinking whether I can get a UK contract for the other 50% of the time.

Is this common/doable? I looked at contracts on Jobserve, but none of them indicate part time facility.

Would be appreciative of any pointers....Thanks!

Jobserve is the preserve of agencies, who don't really understand anything other than 1 company = 1 man = 1 contract at a time full time. Absolutely no reason why you can't work with one or more other client for the rest of your time, but I don't think agencies will be much help.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Jobserve is the preserve of agencies, who don't really understand anything other than 1 company = 1 man = 1 contract at a time full time. Absolutely no reason why you can't work with one or more other client for the rest of your time, but I don't think agencies will be much help.

WHS.

No reason why you cant do this. The only difficulty may be finding a UK client to go direct with.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I work a number of contracts part time. The requirements exist, but are not often advertised. Now the agencies know I'm only interested in parttime, short term contracts, when their clients as for such, they call me.

I've managed to keep the money coming in for three years this way.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X