• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe IT contract jobs..inputs please...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Ok..So am I correct in thinking that interviews for European clients will be done over phone rather than face to face..?? or they expect us to fly to client location for interview..???
    FFS man!

every client is different, there is no correct answer to this.

Some will be fine with a phone interview, I guess most would rather face to face at your expense, some *might* pay for a contractor's flights.

Comment

Ok..So am I correct in thinking that interviews for European clients will be done over phone rather than face to face..?? or they expect us to fly to client location for interview..???
      I didn't have an interview, my CV was enough.

I should add though that this was because I've had interviews with them before.
      Signatures.....what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Strange concept I know - but ever thought about learning a language?
        I can speak 3 foreign languages French Dutch and German but not at IT
        level which is the basic problem when applying for foreign language jobs.
        I speak to my wife in French but we don't discuss IT.
        They don't normally teach SAP french at a language school,or publish books
        ie SAP press in French

Comment

Guys,

I am keen to look out for some european IT contract roles..But no recent experience there..10 years back i worked in Madrid where I found language is a big issue..

Any one recently done european roles...Where all could work with out knowing local language..?? which site is the best to look for european contract roles..?

thanks..
          We're not all blokes you know
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
          X