• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe IT contract jobs..inputs please...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe IT contract jobs..inputs please...

Guys,

I am keen to look out for some european IT contract roles..But no recent experience there..10 years back i worked in Madrid where I found language is a big issue..

Any one recently done european roles...Where all could work with out knowing local language..?? which site is the best to look for european contract roles..?

thanks..
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 30 April 2009, 10:26.

Got this Zurich based gig from Jobserve. It's a multi-national client with people on teh project from all over the EU.

Language isn't a problem...
    Signatures.....what's the point?

Comment

Strange concept I know - but ever thought about learning a language?
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        Guys,

I am keen to look out for some european IT contract roles..But no recent experience there..10 years back i worked in Madrid where I found language is a big issue..

Any one recently done european roles...Where all could work with out knowing local language..?? which site is the best to look for europian contrcat roles..?

thanks..

you could start with learning English hombre

Comment

I'm learning Espaňol - 1-2-1 lessons & Michel Thomas disks, recommended on here....

Just started, it's challenging, frustrating and hopefully after a few weeks rewarding...

Give it a go - an hour a day....

I'm hoping it's going to open up a big Latin world...

T

Comment

I'm working in Geneva and they all speak english
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I work mostly in Scandinavia. They often insist on one of the local languages, which is silly, as most places, even government/military, is all in English.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well I have 6 languages under my belt mostly Eastern European but that has not given me any advantage. In 20 years of contracting I have only ever worked in Poland once for about a year that was 8 years ago for a German company. Never got work again. They dont seem to have the same skill requirements as we do, just mainly SAP and telecoms.Either agencies dont want to know or i'm looking in the wrong place for adverts.
                Last edited by uky kozak; 30 April 2009, 17:13. Reason: None

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  I work mostly in Scandinavia. They often insist on one of the local languages, which is silly, as most places, even government/military, is all in English.
                  It will tend to keep outsiders out, in general.

Comment

Ok..So am I correct in thinking that interviews for European clients will be done over phone rather than face to face..?? or they expect us to fly to client location for interview..???

Comment

Working...
                    X