• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Gigs'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Gigs'

How many middle class tree hugging mongs on here use the term 'gig' as in 'I've got a new gig!'?

Pathetic. You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Lighten up dude. Gig, job, blah blah, just a means to an end.

Comment

Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        How many middle class tree hugging mongs on here use the term 'gig' as in 'I've got a new gig!'?

Pathetic. You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.
        Unless your a jobbing roadie or a session musician. Then you really would have a new gig.
        Last edited by Sockpuppet; 7 April 2009, 21:20.

Comment

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gig

Originally posted by WIKTIONARY
          (informal, by extension) Any job; especially one that is temporary; or alternately, one that is very desirable.

Comment

Ryan

I'm looking for a Ryan?
            threenine.co.uk
            Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

What's with that bunch of student, dole-scrounging, long haired, tunless wonders using our word: "gig" everytime they get to play in public? I mean, turning up to the local pub and strumming a few chords whilst warbling out of tune for three disinterested people hardly compares to 6 months hard graft* in front of a computer screen for 10* hours per day for a pittance*.

*Graft may not be hard, or not be required at all. Hours are an estimated billed for amount, not necessarily worked. Time spent on CUK can be included and charged to client. Pittance may be more per day than an ordinary person makes in a month.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                me me me!

also, isn't the money small these days?
                Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Me. And I've got long hair.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I have several gigs. Could this be a gaggle of gigs?
                    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X